This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are there Russians living in London today?
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Are there Russians living in London today?
I've read a lot about russians and I'm learning about the history of russians and Russia at my High School. My History teacher told me about the related connection between England and Russia and he told me in class that for centuries, russians have been living in London and in the UK and that russian people move from Russia to London and live there in London and do their careers there.

And I read on the internet that there are russians living in London and in the UK and I've seen russians in London on YouTube too. They're russian business people who live in London and have very cool careers there and they have a friendly friendship and connection with the british people. There are even russian kids and teens living in London and go to school with the british kids and teens.

I've noticed that Russia gets along with England very, very well and that both countries have a history together. And if you notice, I'm a 14 year old russian boy and I'm thinking about moving to London with my british girlfriend next year when I'm age 15 and going to school with my girlfriend out there.

So are there Russians from Russia living in London and the UK today?

And can you tell the history that England and Russia have and the connection they have?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 07:50 PM

Yes, not least the very rich one that owns Chelsea football club - I forget his name. London also has its Russian Orthodox Cathedral. There aren't a LOT of Russians in the UK but they're around. And people from neighbouring countries that used to be part of the Soviet Union - in my last job I was manager to a Latvian and a Ukrainian, plus 4 other people.

Europe isn't that big compared with the size of the USA so it's not surprising that there is history going back centuries connecting it all. What stopped the connections was the Russian Revolution in 1917. Under communism, Russians weren't allowed to leave the country, and Russia was definitely the enemy. Fortunately all that ended over 20 years ago and Russians are free to move again.

An interesting connection is that royalty all over Europe used to marry each other so they're all related. Now see if you can tell these two apart http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...orge_V.JPG One is King George V of the UK and the other is Tsar Nicholas II of Russia. They were cousins.

Whether you would be able to move to the UK, I don't know. There are visa requirements and they're getting stricter all the time.

Ads

05-08-2014, 07:52 PM

YES.

Andrei Arshavin, professional footballer
Alexander Obolensky, international rugby union player

My History teacher told me about the related connection between England and Russia

And I read on the internet that there are russians living in London and in the UK and I've seen russians in London on YouTube too.

NO YOU ARE NOT MOVING
I'm a 14 year old russian boy and I'm thinking about moving to London with my british girlfriend next year when I'm age 15

CHILDREN Do not cross INTERNATIONAL Borders just because they want too. You will have to wait until you are 18 To do it on your own without your parents.

You need to find for yourself WHY the UK would want you. Just being a Boyfriend is not enough these days. A skilled work trade for example would be a start.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration
Office for National Statistics suggest that the resident Russian-born population of the UK was 32,000 in 2009
Many Famous Russians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in...ed_Kingdom

http://www.russianuk.com/index.htm

The history is hundreds of years long. Too much for here. Some is good other parts not so good.

Britain's Prince Philip, whose grandmother and the czarina's grandmother were sisters

This family in Russia were all executed.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/11/...-romanov11

It is possible but it will take some time and is much easier if you wait until 18. Do very good in school will help too.
05-08-2014, 07:56 PM

We have quite a few Russians here,but only wealthy ones.
I do a lot of work on multi million pound houses,Russians buy a lot of them.

On site i meet a lot of east Europeans,over the years I have employed a few Ukrainians and Latvians
I have never met or employed a Russian that was also a "working man"

I employ about 30 men
05-08-2014, 08:11 PM

There have always been Russians in London. Not least Peter the Great for a few months, and The Duchess of Edinburgh in Victorian times (Queen Victoria's daughter-in -law, daughter of the Tsar).
Lots arrived as refugees from the revolution too.

They have a fine cathedral in London:
05-08-2014, 08:22 PM

There are many Russians living in London
05-08-2014, 08:28 PM

yes
05-08-2014, 08:29 PM

According to you other questions youre a teenage girl living in california who likes dresses.

On your other question today you said you are a boy, and your girlfriend was ryssian and both your families wanted to move here.

If you were russian youd know russia has a crap relationship with most countries. If you were an american teen who was say 13 years old and hadnt paid much attention in world history class, you might not have realised that the uk was just as involved in the coldwar as america was. Which you clearly are unaware of.
So we still have nukes aimed at russia, just in case.

And if youre unsure of russian attitudes to the uk, and the russians who live here, google litvenenko.

The russian government murdered him here.

I suspect youre 11, 12 or perhaps 13 years old.

Run along and play outside! You are filled with energy and ideas and potential. Do useful stuff with it, rather than create lazy lies on the internet.
05-08-2014, 08:40 PM

We have loads of Russians. Some are rich oligarchs, you know, like Roman Abramovich, but many are just living like anyone else and aren't rich.

To move over here, you must be 18, or otherwise move with yoyr parent/guardian (unless you go to boarding school here, which is a possibility, as boarding schools in the UK are internationally known and highly regarded). Your best bet is to get a student visa and study over here.
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM

yes ☺