This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does my computer freeze?
05-09-2014, 06:06 AM
why does my computer freeze?
I am using windows 8 on my computer and I had Kaspersky scanning for viruses I also have Malwarebytes and AVG I read somewhere that if you have more than 1 Virus scanner it can freeze your computer even offline. Malware Bytes wiped out a lot of files on my Laptop that were infectious and blocks any malicious sites as I receive notification of it all. But out of the blue my Google Chrome freezes then everything begins working again. Every now and again the whole thing will just freeze entirely and the cursor can't move my media player freezes as well and the sound of the movie I'm watching remains but the picture goes away. Then when it unfreezes the whole Player escapes then the screen freezes again. What should I do? Should I just use 1 virus scanner? do I have to uninstall and then reinstall google chrome again? I need my computer all my stuff is on it I can't lose any of these things there are very important documents in my computer. Please someone help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 06:06 AM

First and most important - you need to back up your "important documents". Even if you just email them to yourself. That way if something happens to your computer you still have your stuff. If I were you I'd get a thumb drive or an external drive to save stuff to.

Second - From what you've described it sounds like a graphics issue. You mentioned windows 8 but failed to tell us what kind of stats your computer has. Such as - the CPU or GPU or graphics card or memory etc. Without complete info we can't come up with answers.

Ads

05-09-2014, 06:09 AM

dont install two antivirus software in 1 computer..it will make you computer slow and chances of freezing..use a good antivirus