This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a good way to increase sales/drive traffic for a new product?
05-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Is this a good way to increase sales/drive traffic for a new product?
Let's say I got a proprietary patents product in an industry, and I'm positioning it as a high end item with lot of nice features. But my product is new and unknown. I plan to sell it on Amazon/Ebay and my own website.

I'm thinking of selling some established, low end, entry level product at a super low price, so low that I don't even make a profit, therefore undercutting everyone else selling similar/same products on Amazon/Ebay. This will drive traffic to my page and I can introduce my high end product at the same time. Or I can include a brochure in my other shipments, etc...

This can get a lot of traffic to my highly profitable patented product right?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 06:40 AM

Do not miss out on social media referral traffic. Set up a Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest page for your new product and link to your website. You will at least get 10% traffic from social media sources. Also, the last option can be paid ads and PPC. Pay-per-click does well with new products to increase your traffic. I know the team at http://www.executivewebclub.com. Their SEO experts did a good job with my website. Try them!

Ads

05-09-2014, 06:47 AM

That low end product would have to be a logical stepping stone to the higher priced one to be an effective strategy. Two other ways to cultivate such candidates that come to your site:
1) Get them to opt-in to your newsletter mailing list that would provide useful information and occasional promotions, an opt-in is required to conform to can-spam regulations.
2) Use Ad re-targeting (re-marketing) to show ads to these people as they visit other web sites, these are triggered by a browser cookie set when they showed interest in your site, these re-targeting ads use remnant internet ad space and can be a relatively cheap part of a Branding campaign.

Branding can be a necessary expense in getting a new product off the ground, some marketing studies have found it can take up to 7 exposures to a brand or product name to be comfortable enough to make a buy.

Press releases can be good for getting the word out, with luck, the story will be reprinted by bloggers and automated news sites, giving an interesting human interest slant in the story can get more reporters to copy the story, there are free press release sites that may reach web sites, to get into mainstream media, a paid service like prweb.com, which starts at $89 may be needed.

Amazon and Ebay may not be the best places for promoting a high end product, but it's a cheap way to market test before setting up your own ecommerce site.
05-09-2014, 06:51 AM

Set up blogs or a Facebook fanpage for your new product to be well known. Be sure that you have full description and details of your product there. Hire someone to promote it and do the marketing if you want since it'll be time consuming to promote it yourself and do the marketing. You might want to consider doing articles and submit to some directories and doing guest posts on blogs related to your niche.

http://apps.ebay.com/selling?ViewEAppDet...5244846988
http://ebay.about.com/od/sellingeffectiv...romote.htm