This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the best VPN to use on my Samsung Note 2 while living in Shanghai, China?
05-09-2014, 06:56 AM
Whats the best VPN to use on my Samsung Note 2 while living in Shanghai, China?
Does it drastically slow down data speeds on the mobile internet? Which also brings me to another question, which service should I buy for the best mobile data service in Yangpu near Fudan University? I frequently use Facebook, Instagram and reddit via mobile and what to have the most reliable and speedy service. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Search VPN in Play Store, most of them either have limited free servers, or paid full versions. I never paid for any of these VPN services, combining the free data allowances from several of these apps was sufficient for me.

Orbot is an app based on the Tor service, properly configured it can work, as long as you're willing to spend a little time following guides and tweak it yourself, but it's without limitations and completely free.

For best mobile data packages, China Telecom and Mobile both have various offers, you'll have to check for yourself. Best to ask some campus students on what packages they use.

Ads

05-09-2014, 07:04 AM

I used Express VPN good service with multiple countries so you can watch both US and UK TV plus bypass the internet censors n China

https://www.expressvpn.com
05-09-2014, 07:08 AM

You can hide your IP address quite easily now if you install a VPN on your computer or smart device. Once you have this on your system you will be able to hide your IP address and not only that you will also be able to change it to whichever country you wish so that you can watch BBC, HULU & UK & US regional TV content from other countries that is otherwise blocked. Only takes a few minutes to get them up and running.