This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did I make a big mistake?
05-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Did I make a big mistake?
My ex and I used to be really good friends. As in hanging out all the time and going out to eat.
We broke up almost 1 year ago, but we became friends a few months after the break up

1 1/2 months ago, we had a HUGE falling out… Mean things were said on both sides, where he basically said "not being friends" and I ended the conversation with "go die you piece of ****" but I don't know if he heard me… I felt terrible about it after)
We don't have each other on Facebook.

We play in the same soccer league on Sundays, so we see each other and make eye contact but don't say anything

I didn't have any desire to talk to him until last night, so at half time (our fields were next to each other), I called his name and said hi and he did the nod (like he always does) and then I motioned for him to come over, but he said "I can't, my game is about to start"

Then, stupidly, after the game I went up to him and tried talking to him and he goes "hi.. I can't talk, I have to go" because I guess he had to take this kid home that was playing in his game (the kid was younger, like a teenager)

I'm soooo embarrassed. I know I should have left it at the first hi, because that was fine enough. But he wasn't being mean or anything
Can I redeem myself??

I feel like I made a mistake trying to talk to him in front of a large amount of people around...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 12:05 PM

Maybe he meant what he said when he said yall wont be friends. But i would definitely try talking to him again by yourself or around a small group of people because then he wont be able to avoid you as easily. Just have something planned to say so that its not as awkward.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply