This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook charging 15$ a month?
05-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Facebook charging 15$ a month?
Is this true? I think it's a horrible decision for their part, more than half of their users, will stop using.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 03:15 PM

It's a bunch of crap, dude. Check your sources.

Facebook has gone on the record to say that it has no intention of charging users for basic services. There is language that states the Facebook developer API is not guaranteed to always remain free, but this only applies to developers who use the API to create Facebook apps.

Facebook will not charge regular Facebook users for normal access to the site or the everyday use of it's general services.

Paid access to the API will weed out 99% of the spam apps, advertising apps, and stupid "become a fan to see this image" apps that are out there. Only developers interested in creating useful, quality applications would put down money to make it happen. In my opinion, charging developers for API access will make Facebook a better experience for everybody.

Ads

05-09-2014, 03:18 PM

lies
05-09-2014, 03:21 PM

No way. They can't, and if they ever do, they'll lose a lot of customers, many would switch to myspace or somewhere else
05-09-2014, 03:27 PM

thats a myth. its a social networking. there are TONS of other people who made social networking sites that are more than willing to take in users if they find dissatisfied (myspace or facebook) users.
05-09-2014, 03:30 PM

Not even close to true... don't believe most of what you hear and be suspect of the remainder!
05-09-2014, 03:41 PM

This whole myth started with a group named "I will not pay money to use facebook" or something similar. It is a scam to get you to join a group for the sole purpose of the creator having a group with a lot of people in it. Facebook is never going to charge you to use it.
05-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Not true, if they did they'd lose a lot of people that use their site (including me!). If Facebook did start charging people, they'd lose their users to another social network (like Myspace, Bebo, MyYearBook and Twitter)
05-09-2014, 03:55 PM

So far there hasn't been an official announcement from Facebook itself that says that they would be charging fees from their service. So I'd suggest you don't pay attention to these kinds of rumors.

Hope this helps!!
05-09-2014, 04:03 PM

Hoax.