This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is downloading from pirate bay not legal?
05-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Is downloading from pirate bay not legal?
I bought an xbox 360 game recently and it broke. Im not sure if piratebay even has xbox 360 games, Ive never been on it, but if they do and i decide to download it, would that be not legal? If it is, could or would the gov. do anything to me? Also, is it safe? Will i get a virus from it? If they dont have xbox 360 games, do you know a site that does? Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Downloading from Pirate Bay is not illegal unless you download something copyrighted, which would be any xbox game.

Ads

05-09-2014, 05:43 PM

Downloading from piratebay is illegal, but the gov won't do anything about a game download. They are millions of games downloaded from piratebay everyday and the gov do nothing about it.
About the virus part, before download take few minutes to read the comment, you will usually know if the file is clean or not just from the comment, and they are many torrent to download the same game so check them all to find the cleanest.
05-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Pirate Bay only has links to files that are stored elsewhere. You will have no way of knowing just what you are downloading or where it is coming from.

If you are taking something that you would normally pay for and you are not paying for it you are stealing it. Stealing is illegal. If the publishers of the game wish to prosecute you for stealing their game they can have your illegal activity traced to your ISP who will be ordered by a court to release the name and address of the account that was involved in the criminal activity.

If you break anything you have to buy a new one.
05-09-2014, 05:59 PM

Yes it is illegal, because you can download free payed stuff from there
But anyway nothing will happen if u download a game Big Grin
05-09-2014, 06:12 PM

Yes it illegal
05-09-2014, 06:17 PM

Like any one give a shit !!! Be freee and take alll that you can !!!