This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to share internet connection on LAN without using proxy server on win98?
05-09-2014, 06:00 PM
how to share internet connection on LAN without using proxy server on win98?
I AM RUNNING A INTERNET CONNECTION ON 4 PC CONNECTED THROUGH LAN USING TATA INDICOM WALKY WIRELESS SET(DIAL UP).I AM USING A PROXY SERVER FOR INTERNET SHARING.BUT I WANT TO SHARE INTERNET CONNEC. WITHOUT USING PROXY SETTINGS.I WANT WINDOWS98 ITSELF TO AUTOMATICALLY SET UP A NETWORK WITHOUT USING A PROXY SERVER PROGRAM TO SHARE INTERNET CONNECTION THRU A HUB.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 06:05 PM

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enables a Windows computer to share its Internet connection with computers on local area networks. It's been around since Windows 98 SE, and with the launch of Windows XP, it's only gotten better.
It's easier to set up. There's no software to install, and it doesn't add any network components or protocols.

It's much more reliable and much less likely to cause network problems.

You can create a Network Bridge connecting two or more local area networks and share the Internet connection with the computers on all of them. This is especially useful if your XP computer is connected to both a wired and wireless network.

ICS client computers can use XP's Internet Gateway to monitor and control the server computer's Internet connection. If you have a dial-up connection, you can connect and disconnect when deciding whether to enable ICS.

Ads

05-09-2014, 06:12 PM

very good answer already just wanna add you will need two network cards in the computer that shares internet .

One to connect to internet and one to connect to local network

Happy networking