This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im having problems with my bf :´( Can someone help please?
05-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Im having problems with my bf :´( Can someone help please?
Hello im a guy im 15 years old. About 6 months ago i met this guy on instagram. We started texting more. We became best friends and had an attraction. I was straight at the time. He told me he had feelings for me. He was openly bi. We still were bestfriends. I hid my feelings because i thought it was just teenage hormones. After all that i told him i liked him and had feelings for him too. Then a few weeks later we started dating. We met eachother for the first time after that. Now its about a month later. The problem is we argue sometimes. He has trust issues and he likes to just leave whenever we text. He would make me feel alone. Well yesturday some stupid people text him saying i was flirting. I didnt even know those people. He said he didnt know what to believe. I was sad all day and so was he. This morning he wrote me a letter saying sorry and stuff. I love him so much. Hes the man i want to marry one day. I feel like if we broke up i would never want anyone else. He told me he will never break up with me and i would never break up with him. The main problem is our arguing. Is our arguing because of our long distance? And can i expect us to be together forever? Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 06:58 PM

You are quite a few years away from settling down with one person. What you're experiencing now is a necessary and sometimes confusing developmental phase of adolescence. From the sound of the drama, I recommend that you two have a friendly talk about how important it's been to know each other and how it might be time to go your separate ways. Things have already begun to deteriorate, and with these gossipers working against you, you can't have a healthy relationship.

Ads

05-09-2014, 07:03 PM

Everyone argues, it&#x27;s a natural and healthy part of any relationship.
05-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Teenage romance, how I look back at it today. So dumb and naive. Take this piece of advice, don&#x27;t be so quick to throw the word &quot;love&quot; around. You&#x27;ll get your feelings hurt, and talk to him about how you feel. Don&#x27;t hold feelings in, you&#x27;ll just kill yourself in the long run. Good luck.
05-09-2014, 07:26 PM

How to avoid arguing:

You control your actions, not his. Accept him the way he is.

He may or may not follow this rule.

If he tells you what to do, say things like, &quot;You may be right&quot;, or &quot;I&#x27;m glad you care enough to give me advice&quot; or &quot;I&#x27;ll think about that&quot;.

If he says something you disagree with say &quot;I hear what you&#x27;re saying&quot; or &quot;got it&quot; and change the subject.

During arguments focus on what you agree on and see if you can expand that. Before stating your case repeat his perspective back to him so he feels like you listen and care.