This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get the iphone 5 or galaxy s4? I'm so indecisive....?
05-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Should I get the iphone 5 or galaxy s4? I'm so indecisive....?
I have the droid x right now and I haven't upgraded for 3 years. It's so slow now that I need a new one very soon for my sanity's wellbeing. Which phone should I get? What I use my phone most for is texting, social media (ex. instagram, facebook, twitter, etc.), and taking pictures, and music (if my phone wasn't so slow). I like that the iphone has itunes, because I always like to listen to music, but I just don't know. What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 01:18 AM

Definitely the iPhone.

Ads

05-10-2014, 01:26 AM

Since you listen to music i recommend the iphone.
05-10-2014, 01:41 AM

Get a freaking HTC does are way better. Why be a bandwagon & get a Iphone or galaxy like the rest of the people out there, This supposedly to be the best phones but they end up been the worse once yet. My girlfriend has the new HTC and it's fast & hasn't slowed down & she spends her time downloaded games playing them & uninstalling them & downloading another one again & so on & it still hasn't slacked it. My sister has the galaxy & my sisters boyfriend has the Iphone & they both hate them. If you want a good Phone get the HTC . well get whatever you want you know but i preferred the HTC. everyone has an iphone or galaxy. (My opinion tho)
05-10-2014, 01:55 AM

you like music so i would say the galaxy s4, it takes up to a 64GB sd card so you can put whatever music you like on it. also has a removable battery, handy for carrying a spare, and i think its a much better phone overall.
05-10-2014, 02:06 AM

S4 all the way I have a Samsung phone very similar and its quite new and I love it getting an I phone won't effect you music needs you can get all your music from the Google play store it has the same music and apps as ITunes and the app store and all you need to sign in to Google play is a Gmail address account. Personally I think Samsung is beating Apple with the android phones and tablets at the moment... I have the galaxy tab 2 and it synchronises the music to my phone and visa versa. If you want to put money on a Google play store account you can either use your credit card or get a voucher which If you are from the UK have recently become available in some shops I get mine from Tesco supermarkets but if you are from the US they have been available from there fro quite a while

hope this helps you decide Alex
05-10-2014, 02:13 AM

I would recommend the Galaxy S4. It is the best phone I have ever owned. The camera is the best of any smartphone available (Only rivaled by Nokia Lumia) at 13 megapixels vs. Iphone 5's 8 megapixels and the features of the camera are completely awesome with Animated Photo, Beauty Face, Best Photo, Sound & Shot, Drama Mode, among others. I will say it is hard to get used to the first couple days but after you get over the initial hurdles of the different phone I guarantee you will love it. More free apps are available on Android devices (such as Angry Birds series), free music apps, more customizable themes, dashboard, lock screen, and many other things. The Navigation/Maps beats Iphone entirely. The phone comes in 16gb or 32gb at a $50 difference with 2-year contract and you can put in your own microSD card which can hold up to 64gb.

My step-mom was an "Apple addict" who had every Iphone until the Iphone 4, she now owns a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which she upgraded from the Galaxy Note. She says she will never own another Iphone again.
05-10-2014, 02:23 AM

This is why I believe that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is better than the iPhone 5
1. It is quicker (1.9 quad core processor/ 1.6ghz Octa core vs 1.3 dual core processor)

2. Microsd- you can expand the memory with a 64gb microsd. This a cheaper way to expand your memory and you can have a 16 gb S4 and still have more storage than iphone 5 if you get a 64gb microsd.

3. USB OTG- you can read usb keys no problem with an adapter so you can check out what's on them so you don't have to put your computer on.

4. Microusb charger- Better than the lighting connector as you can get them easily and cheaply but also you might have it from other devices as it is becoming standard for smartphones to use micro-usb chargers.

5. Removable battery- This means you can replace the battery if you run out of charge when you are around unlike the iphone 5 which you have to charge or bring an external charger and charge it from there, however this is an awkward way of charging your phone. Also the removable battery can help you prevent water damage as you can remove the battery if it falls in water, thus reducing the chances of water damage.

6. NFC- Want to transfer a music album quicker than bluetooth, well now you can with NFC. You can also use Tectiles 2 to make your life easier

7. Customizable- Change launcher(Are you bored, get a new launcher that suits you and your personality), custom ROM your phone and have access to apps specifically made for rooted devices directly on the play store. You control the device so that it suits you.

8. Dropbox- Love cloud storage well Samsung is offering 50gb free of charge to S4 owners for 2 years on Dropbox. Backup music, video, photos(this can be done automatically), documents etc. Who doesn’t want this amount of free cloud storage?(You have to complete a certain amount of steps to get the free storage but none requires any credit card details or anything to complicated) (N.B not all carriers/networks let Samsung offer this)

9. Screen- It’s bigger but not too big. It has 441ppi vs iPhone 5’s 326ppi plus the Amoled screen creates beautiful colors.
I also found no problems when using one hand, and I have medium hands if not small hands. Also I mostly use the Note 2 and it fits in all my pockets, suit trousers, jeans, tracksuits so the S4 will certainly fit in virtually all pockets

10. Android features-Widgets, live wallpapers, Google Now and all the beauty of android, widgets on the lockscreen etc

11. Samsung added features
a. Smartstay- won't turn the screen off if you are still looking at it.
b. Smartpause- pauses a video when you turn around and turns it back on when you turn back
c. Eye controlled webpage scrolling
d. Airview- check link to learn more http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-G...eo_id40881
e. Infrared TV remote
f. External temperature and humidity sensors
g. Use the phone while using gloves
h. S Health- useful for health enthusiasts
i. S Translator- it’s all in the name a translator
j. Blocking Mode- activate it to block things like calls, notifications, messages, LED indicator etc
k. Power Saving Mode- Can be used to save power by limiting the processor speeds, turning of Haptic feedback, using less power for the screen and changing the color in the stock browser and email app
l. Home screen modes- for beginners it makes the home screen setup easier
m. Etc- I could go on but check the link to see even more features http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-G...ew_id41541

12. Camera- It has a 13mp camera vs iPhone 5’s 8mp. It has more features than than the iPhone’s camera which makes it even better.( http://www.businessinsider.com/htc-one-g...est-2013-4 this link shows how the S4 has the best smartphone camera)
a. Dual shot- take photos from both cameras so that you can include the photographer in a photo
b. Photo with audio message- record a message before or after a photo to add to a photo
c. Eraser shot- can remove unwanted moving content
d. Drama shot- takes pictures of a moving object and puts the moving object through the whole picture
e. More but those are the best

13. Multitasking- watch videos while online, write an email while watching a video, send a message while surfing the web, you can split the screen in two so you can multitask without a bother, this cannot be done on the iPhone 5.

14. Durability- The S4 is more durable overall check this link out to see just how much http://m.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s4-beats-i...o/57588673

For 11 more reasons check this link https://plus.google.com/1013113891101684...wbR6k15BfU

Hope this helped
Enjoy your new phone (no matter which one it is)