This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GCSE Options..Help :L?
05-10-2014, 07:00 AM
GCSE Options..Help :L?
So hi
Umm.. so i have only a little while to finalize my options and im kinda unsure about what 3 options to pick, i've thought a lot about them but im still uncertain.

These are the GCSE's that are compulsory:

English Language and English Literature
Maths
Triple Science (im in top band, so i have no choice over doing Triple science :L)
RE
PE (We do not have any exams for PE though, unless we pick PE as an option)

These are all the GCSE'S we are able to pick from:

Art and Design
Business Studies (BTEC OR GCSE)
Drama
ICT computing (BTEC OR GCSE)
Media Studies
Music
PE
Psychology (Its only an option if your in top band like me)
Product Design
Textiles
Hospitality
Sociology
Dance BTEC
Health and Social care BTEC
Travel and Tourism BTEC
History
Geography
Spanish
French (Im not allowed to pick french since i picked Spanish in year 8)
*You have to pick either a humanity or a language

Options im thinking of taking
History
Spanish
Media Studies
Psychology
Textiles
PE

So i don't exactly know what i want to be when im older but i was thinking of maybe a journalist/writer or a psychologist/counselor or even a fashion designer. or possibly in law.

What subjects do you find the hardest and what are the most easiest/simplest and fun ones?
If you were in my situation, what would you pick ? And what options are the most useful?
And can you give me your feedback on any of these subjects if you studied them

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 07:07 AM

I would say stick with what you want but throw in ict computing in there simply because of how the world is evolving evolving in terms of computers and such

Ads

05-10-2014, 07:19 AM

Journalist/Writer
Media Studies
History
Spanish

Counsellor
Psychology
History
Textiles

Fashion Designer
Textiles
PE
Spanish

Don't forget you can choose one option now and a different one in A Level

History - Essay Based - Quite Hard
Spanish - Learn a few lines every month - Quite easy if you can speak the language
Media Studies - Learn about different types of Media - Quit enjoyable
Psychology - Don't Know
Textiles - Drawing and Creating - Good if you are capable to draw
PE - Good if you like sport

Don't go for a subject because people say its easy remember that different people have different opinions. Follow your heart not your mind. Can you do mine please
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...456AABZmws
05-10-2014, 07:27 AM

I take Spanish and in my opinion I don't enjoy it at all. However, it is relatively easy compared to other subjects and can be a great option for the future. In many careers knowing more than one language can really give you the upper hand. I also take History and I really enjoy it, it is very interesting and although the exam is a long one if you are interested in History you'll be able to cope. Psychology is also interesting and with any of your possible career options (except fashion designer) psychology will definitely play a big part in them. Media Studies would also be a fun one especially if you are creative. PE is fun if you like sport, however, could be a waste of an option considering your career choices. Textiles again can be a good one if you're creative. There is no written exam and can be fun to create portfolios and designs, however, it is a lot of work, especially in year 11, and you often have to spend your lunchtimes making sure your work is complete.
Pretty wordy answer but I hope this helps!
In my personal opinion I would pick History, Psychology and Media Studies as it has variety and they can all be useful in the majority of careers.
05-10-2014, 07:33 AM

I do History, Catering, Frenxh and Psychology for my options. I love history although (I don't know whether this is the same everywhere) we only studied modern Britain and Nazi Germany which I didn't know we would do until I started. I was interested in doing Slavery but we don't cover that at all in GCSE.
However Psychology is amazing, deffinately my favourite subject I love it! It's not very difficult (you do need to remember lots of studies and key terms though) and so fascinating and if you are thinking of being a psychologist. Also some of the stuff you learn can be applied to your own life!