This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come my laptop is fast only when I restart it?
05-10-2014, 08:20 AM
How come my laptop is fast only when I restart it?
So, recently every time i turn on my laptop and open google chrome it loads really really slow, but right when i restart it, and i open google chrome again, it goes really fast (15 internet download speed is fast enough, no problems).

When my laptop is off for hours, I turn it on, restart it, and i'm good to go, it's so weird, any suggestions? Thank you. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 08:22 AM

You have to give some time for the system to load after the startup process. There are probably unwanted application at the startup or in the background. Check with appropriate tools.

Ads

05-10-2014, 08:35 AM

Not sure if its your laptop that youre talking about being slow or just your browser. If its your browser, check your ISP for data caps and if they bog your signal after so long of being online. Or, try re-installing Chrome. I personally choose Firefox. Only issue Ive had is certain flash games crash my player.

If your laptop is slow, download CCleaner and cleanup your system and registry. Windows disk clean up tool only gets so much, CCleaner gets the rest.
05-10-2014, 08:44 AM

You should follow these steps...
1. Go to run window
2. type %temp% then press enter
3. select all and delete all files and folder.
4. delete all in Recycle Bin
5. clean your desktop
6. defragment your hard disk

After you done it, then your system performance will be better....
05-10-2014, 08:49 AM

You answered your own question.

When ever a computer is restarted... Memory is released. And when turned on again... you working with fresh ready to used memory.

The more you do on a computer, the more memory gets used up.

Best way to fix this is to make sure you have enough Memory in your system... and to be running a 64bit computer to go pass the 4gig capacity.

On the Fly steps you can do:
Increase your Page File (virtual memory)
Make sure programs your not using aren't running in the backround (Ctrl+alt+del to go through task list)
clear out Temp files.

Also: What specs are your box?