This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strong internet connection,but no internet access?
05-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Strong internet connection,but no internet access?
For some reason,the internet has stopped working for the entire house.The connection strength is strong but it says no internet access.It's not just the wireless internet that doesn't work,the internet on the computer doesnt work either.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 11:44 AM

I have the same problem,tired of trying to make it work proper everyday...if you find out please share with me..Smile)good luck to Us.

Ads

05-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Contact you ISP (internet Service Provider) There may be some kind of error from there side.
05-10-2014, 11:59 AM

Ok, you're ISP (internet service provider; i.e. Cox, Century Link, etc.) may have cut you off from your daily/monthly/annual service to the internet but the "strong internet connection" you see is the strength of your connection to your cable modem or hotspot or whatever device you use to connect to the world wide internet. Basically what it means is you can interact with any other device that is on the same network connection as your computer but your cable modem, hotspot, or other device is unable to connect to the world wide internet. I would suggest you call your ISP and tell them to come in and check it out.
05-10-2014, 12:02 PM

If you get some kind of pop-up when you try to get on the net which asks you to download something you probably have a virus or malware. If you describe exactly what happens when you try to click on IE, Firefox, Chrome or ? perhaps you can get a solid answer to your question as well as how to fix it.