This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it me because i went through his phone, is it all guys, or am i just falling for the wrong ones?
10-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Is it me because i went through his phone, is it all guys, or am i just falling for the wrong ones?
I am an attractive, mature, intelligent, generous person who is admired by myself and others. I'm not naive. I also would never disrespect my partner. I am very committed and dedicated when in a relationship and help my partner to fulfill their dreams. However, the last 2 serious relationships I have been in, I have at some point found the guys texting with females in inappropriate ways. Yes, I did find out because of skimming through text messages if i was in possession of their phone with their knowledge and skimming through messages if they leave their facebook page up.

So do all guys do this and it is just my fault because i invaded their privacy....or is there another issue at hand? Otherwise my current relationship is great and we plan to get married. We live together, are building a non-profit organization together, and have much potential for a wonderful future together. I also have a child that he takes in as his own. I just hate being disrespected because i would never do that to my man. And i know plenty of women that have cheating men when things look good to them.
Also, he said some conversations that were normal, but a little too much....like good morning and good night too often.......some convos with an ex that we had issues with in the past and he told me he wouldnt associate with her anymore........Last time tis happened about 6 months ago, there were PLENTY more inappropriate conversations.....we had a mature conversation about it and i felt he cared about my stance on it.....This time there were only a couple i saw.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 10:20 PM

I have just dumped my gf for the exact same reason..kind of I messed up aswell but you can't just go through people's phones

Ads

I'm a guy and can tell you it's not all men, it's definitely a huge majority of men that do, but I myself have only ever cheated one time, told her, and then left her, and it was payback for being cheated on, and a couple guys I know have never cheated (if they have, nobody has ever caught them). Going through his phone WAS an invasion of his privacy, but seeing as you found him doing wrong, he was also betraying your trust. In my view one gets privacy by earning trust.

Some guys can be stopped if you show you won't tolerate it. If this is the second time it's happened, try confronting him about it, and threatening to leave (if you live together you could even start packing some of your stuff) unless it stops immediately. If it continues then I'm afraid you've most likely got one that will not be completely faithful to you. Faithful guys have become a small group, but they are out there, you just gotta find the right ones. Good luck to you.

sadly i dont agree with liam saying you cant just go through peoples phones. well in some ways hes right. its invading their privacy. but then if hes being unfaithful to you, you have every right to do so