This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever noticed that people hardly ever compliment someone that got better looking over time?
05-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Have you ever noticed that people hardly ever compliment someone that got better looking over time?
I see it all the time on social media.

When someone (say an old high school classmate) became better looking over time, that person hardly ever receives compliments.

On the other hand, if that same person gained weight and looked noticeably worse, they would receive pity compliments about how "great," "mature," and "fabulous" they look.

Why is that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 12:08 AM

its because looks represent who you are in society. if you're ugly, you're seen as less. if you're better looking, your self worth automatically increases.

Ads

05-11-2014, 12:21 AM

Actually... No! I haven't.
Apparently you have and spent some time noticing this.
Why is it, do you suppose, someone such as yourself would see this all the time as opposed to someone like me who has actually never even thought about it at all?
What do you believe is the value of noticing something like this all the time? Why would it be important?
I'm just askin!