This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet connection..........?
05-11-2014, 06:43 AM
internet connection..........?
why does my internet connection always go out? it goes out like evrey 20 minites but it only stays out for about a minite then it comes back on.how can i fix it? i have a westell model 6100 router and i also use aol for my internet but it use to only go out about once a day then my computer broke and a guy from geek squad came fixed it but now the connection is worst.sum 1 help me and tell me how to get a better connection

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 06:52 AM

I'm not exactly sure since these situations can be caused by different problems (hardware, software virus). Assuming you have a wired internet connection... when this happens to me, I power down the computer then unplug the cable modem and router. Wait 5 minutes, then plug in the modem and make sure all of the display lights turn on to show it is receiving a signal. Then after the modem is up and running, I plug in the router and wait a few minutes. Finally I boot up the PC and connect to the internet. If this fails, call your ISP (internet service provider). They can test your modem by pinging it (sending a signal to make sure it is receiving data packets). Good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply