This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bing is taking over my Chrome?
05-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Bing is taking over my Chrome?
bing is now the homepage, and the page when you open a new tab. I want to change it back to google. Also it is having pop ups, both in a new window and on the bottom of the page and it's annoying. How do I fix it?
~Thanks
Thank you sooo much!!! It worked. I deleted it and now every things back to normal!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 06:47 AM

You probably installed something which included Conduit which connects you to Bing. Remove the program "Conduit". You may have to actually edit the registry and remove all references to conduit there. From a command prompt, type "regedit" and then search through and delete any keys for conduit and bing.

-- I went through this myself and it drove me crazy. Conduit didn't show up in the Add/Remove programs list and it wasn't listed in the search engines so I couldn't "manage" it that way. I ended up having to manually root out all of it from the registry and delete the files. I hate Conduit. I hate Bing. I find it really offensive that even though I have "Hidden" the Bing updates to Windows, they keep shoving it at me as soon as they give it an "upgrade". I find this pushing Bing on people to be far worse than their bundling of IE with Windows back with Windows 95 (Which is the federal suit against Microsoft which took years to resolve and which although Microsoft lost, nothing was changed ...)

Ads

05-11-2014, 06:55 AM

ok,I know what to do
1 step: go all the way on the right corner of your computer where you see the three lines like this -
and press it.
step 2: when you press it yo will see settings and press settings and then you will see manage search engines and press it also.
step 3 : you see Google, yahoo, bing etc and then you could either go to to the right of bing and delete it or go to the left of Google and make it default