This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend is considering suicide-What should I do?
05-11-2014, 08:30 AM
My friend is considering suicide-What should I do?
One of my best friends were tweeting about committing suicide last night and i'm DM'ing her on twitter right now. I don't know what I should say to her. I really don't want her to commit suicide. She still says that she is considering doing it. I want to tell her something that will make her not even think about committing suicide again. What should I tell her?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 08:38 AM

shes just trying to get attention.
its public.
on twitter.
she wont do it.

Ads

05-11-2014, 08:42 AM

I would call 911 & have them check her out.
05-11-2014, 08:58 AM

Give her at least five or ten reasons to be alive: family, friends, pets, etc. Have her over for a sleepover, and keep her busy to make her happy!!!
05-11-2014, 09:11 AM

omg you have to stop your friend! First, I think you should find out WHY she wants to commit suicide and then you should try to help her think of ways to solve those problems or look past them. Suicide is NEVER the answer! maybe shes looking for someone to talk to and share her feelings with and you need to make sure she feels she can do that with you!

There was a quote in a book I read and it went like : “The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity; it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can.”

this quote's showing that even death can see the beauty in life so why not humans? you need to help her realize that life has its ups and downs but if you're motivated, its not as hard as it seems to get past those problem! I also think you should tell a relative about this! they might be able to better help her!
05-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Call the police. Tell them that your friend has threatened to commit suicide. The police will come and take her and put her under 24-48 hours supervised watch. She might just be having a bad day, and if not then she needs help. She needs to talk to someone.

If you're talking to her now, tell her this quote: "People who commit suicide don't want to die -- they want to stop hurting." She needs to talk to someone, and get professional help. Tell her to think of how her family and friends would feel if they lost her. Some people would never recover. My dad killed himself, and obviously wasn't thinking of how it would affect his 14 year old and 9 year old.
05-11-2014, 09:26 AM

She's being an attention hoe, it's in public. Unless at we're just saying goodbye or something, she wouldn't have done that. Just leave it be, she won't. And sometimes just because they say they will they don't always do it. My dads been talking about suicide for as long as I can remember and he's never even come close.
05-11-2014, 09:39 AM

Introduce her to Christ.