This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reasons for leaving Facebook - anyone think of anymore?
05-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Reasons for leaving Facebook - anyone think of anymore?
1/ It's a glorified popularity contest.
2/ Old friends of the opposite sex who ignore your friend request because of their other halves, even though you were never an item - what's the point of being on there??
3/ NEW Facebook, if I wasn't leaving anyway, that would've made me leave eventually.
4/ It's creepy knowing what everyone's doing all the time, and them knowing everything about you.
5/ Facebook stalkers.
6/ Facebook paranoia - she's answered his/her wall post, why hasn't he/she answered mine?

My own personal reasons for leaving are because of the popularity contest thing - which just strikes me as really fake, people adding 'friends' who they don't even know or have just taken the piss out of for years, and the creepy thing - why would anyone want to broadcast their lives to everyone every day!?

I 'deactivated' yesterday but that's not permanent enough - I'm going back in and 'permanently deleting' now I've read how to do it. I just hate Facebook. Who feels the same and has other reasons to leave??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 01:24 PM

well i dont HATE itbut it has very insulting applications ( quizes) and groups, etc.

but am not really thinking of leaving fb now Big Grin

Ads

05-11-2014, 01:33 PM

1. Facebook seems mostly made of white, anglo-saxon, and comfortably off people. No good place for minorities and web proletariat (that’s Myspace). Not the real world. A sort of Disneyland for the yuppie (or maybe that’s just my friends).

2. Users have very little to say, and there is very little incentive for people to exchange anything else than pokes or zombie attacks.

3. Facebook is killing my eyes. It’s written small, and it’s now full of blinking ads.

4. Facebook is selling my information to advertisers to display ads. Facebook can also gather some information about me from other sources like this blog. Hell, this domain name is under my real name… check out the Facebook Privacy Policy :

“Facebook may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services”

5. Facebook’s early investors are probably linked to the CIA. The CIA also is known for using Facebook to recruit for their clandestine service. If I were one of the 406 North Korean Facebook users, I would cover my ass from local authorities.

6. Facebook is, let’s face it, boring. Is anyone really entertained by all these application requests ? Do like me, just ignore them.

7. Facebook is irritating. Facebook sends you alerts to inform you someone just did something and you need to log in to learn what. X has just been messaged by Y, Z received a new fun wall post or added the optical illusion challenge application or attacked somebody with the warewolf application or just changed his status from napping to snoring. Oh yeah ? I deactivated all the alerts.

9. Facebook is useless, like all Social Networking sites. It’s mainly a waste of time.

10. Facebook allows you to deactivate your account. That’s the best reasons one should go and do it.

11. Facebook has lost its mojo.

12. It seems to have become all about the money.

13. Given privacy is a growing concern for many people.

14 Facebook sucks to manage communities.

15. If you really want a lot of friends, join a club, take some classes, volunteer for a good cause or take up a hobby.
05-11-2014, 01:34 PM

I know one good reason -- it wastes too much time!!!
05-11-2014, 01:50 PM

The more you think of it.. I bet some people are pretty dumb.. Dumb enough to post really really PERSONAL information on F/B.. Sham on them stupid people.. I can think of a few.
05-11-2014, 02:00 PM

hello , maybe this might help you :
http://meisternator.wordpress.com/2014/0...-facebook/
:-)
05-11-2014, 02:11 PM

I sometimes want to leave because being ignored from people who really know me personally on fb sucks and I think I get my fb friendships ruined by someone who knows me that knows some of them and he or she don&#x27;t realize that I knew them before once. Some people are being lame and immature taking their friends off fb just because they think they don&#x27;t know them that well. If your thinking about joining fb don&#x27;t people who you know personally might ignore you on it because they are douchebags.