This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i want to make an account on fb but my dad is not allowing me to do so!?
05-11-2014, 03:02 PM
i want to make an account on fb but my dad is not allowing me to do so!?
he thinks i might start neglecting my studies but all my friends of my age are on fb...should i make an fb account without taking my dads permission?? do you think it would be a bad thing to lie to my dad?? and yes im a 17 years old girl...pls no rude answers!..thanks for reading!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 03:17 PM

I'm 17, 18 tomorrow and have had facebook since I was 14. It has not effected my studies, it is just a method of keeping in contact with friends, I now have a full time job and I got 8 GCSE's C and above so I did quite well. Tell your dad that you are old enough now to make certain decisions like this and even show him my answer, my parents have no issue with me having facebook and they are even very religious... there is always methods to avoid certain things on the internet so its not really a problem.

Ads

05-11-2014, 03:19 PM

Explain that you need to have a facebook a/c for exchanging educational info among your friends who all have a facebook account.
05-11-2014, 03:28 PM

I am 13 in Class: 8 and I have a FB account. No I did not take permission and my dad is friends with me on FB. So just sign up, things gonna get cooler if not already cool. Or just promise that you will accept his conditions and terms.
05-11-2014, 03:42 PM

Tell ur dad all ur frnds r on it! And say ppl aged 10 r on fb ! On fb v also gather knowledge!
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM

you know what, it might really make an effect on your studies. People get addicted to it, spending silly amounts of time chatting about nothing to people they see all the time anyway. It can be a distraction in a number of ways. You're at a very important point in your life. Facebook is an empty timewaster that really adds nothing to a person's life, if you're not into it now then I suggest not getting into it.
05-11-2014, 04:10 PM

obviously you can make ur facebook account without your dad permission & knowledge ,
facebook gives us extra privacy option even u can hide ur status,posts,pics from ur friends & family without blocking them
05-11-2014, 04:11 PM

FB is drama filled and trouble. And people post to much personal crap about what is going on. My personal opinion as a mom I wouldn't allow it either. But a kid is going to do what a kid is going to do. I feel if somebody wants to know what im doing or I want to know what they are doing they are close enough they can pick up the phone and call me. Don't lie lies get deeper and deeper.
05-11-2014, 04:17 PM

I wouldn't reccommend face book has to mush trouble and promblems true friends aren't exactly made on face book and it can affect your time on the computer a little too much like right now, i can't stop answereing questions.
05-11-2014, 04:21 PM

is 18 not the legal age to enter fb? but i see ppl registering with fake birth years... there was a 9 yr old boy in fb... see dear.. entering a social network is dangerous at this age.. Reasons are
1. u may be in school now. Most of ur frds would be within ur reach.. So there is no need of fb. Once u enter college, ur frds may be in different locations.. so then u can join fb..
2. and being a girl.. many unknown guys would give u frd request . and u to would accept it thinkin wat is gonna happen.. or by thinking those guys really think u r beautiful
3. those guys would see ur profile pic and comment on every body part .. eyes are beautiful; lips are cute. this may give u happiness..
4. then they would continuously chat with you and u may continue taking it to be fun.
5. you ll lose interest in studies and will wait when to login fb and check notifications.
6. you may fall in love with a unkown guy which is very dangerous and u ll start dreaming it as true love.
7. that guy might use you. he might even photoshop ur pic.. or start messaging u on phone.. get all ur personal details and blackmail u in future.
8. you ll forget speaking after joining fb... all u know would be poking, sharing, liking, commenting.
Its better to avoid fb. but even if u really wanna create an account make sure u use it in right way. Try making ur father understand the necessity of social networks. any parent would reject fb for the above reasons.. Explain him y u wanted to join. good luck!