This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On a country basis or on a global platform does the SEO on a website function?
05-11-2014, 04:33 PM
On a country basis or on a global platform does the SEO on a website function?
Is it true that SEO operates on the basis of a single market or simultaneously are the other markets also captured? What would the best approach be to make it a multi-market system if mostly the SEO works on a single market basis? This problem has been bothering me for quite sometime now as I want my websites to appeal on a global level and not only on a local level. I want these websites to have a really widespread reach. Does anyone have any recommendation?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 04:43 PM

No SEO dont operate on a single market (if you mean by geo targeting)... if you have a .com not a specifc TLD domain that you can have a global reach ... and from the off page point of view... try to have a links coming from everywhere... its a big question to be covered. but to answer your question (and assuming you dnt have a specific tld) is no seo is not for single market

Ads

05-11-2014, 04:52 PM

Its the type of contents of your website that attracts the visitors. e.g. If you are selling products or services that are available to local market only then it will be hard for you to attract global visitors.
05-11-2014, 05:06 PM

There are two things to understand
1. SEO basics would be same for all the sites.
2. Off-page SEO including keyword research depends on your company/business/website goals. If you business targets local audience then yes you should plan and aim your promotion to gain local interest to your product/services. If you have a product/service that you can sell globally and see more profitable then you should aim for global market.
05-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Well, SEO work globally but there is also a local search engine optimization, which is called Local SEO. In local SEO , maps and physical address matters a lot. You can get plenty of tutorial about local SEO . just google it
05-11-2014, 05:18 PM

Try to create backlink that is not focusing or limited on a certain location. Try to perform SEO methods using global websites. Make sure you have a high quality web content and an SEO friendly site in order to be recognized.