This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interesting question about the internet.?
05-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Interesting question about the internet.?
A few months back I lost complete internet (house only) for about a week. All my friends also lost internet, and family within my city lost internet. Not everyone has the same service provider. What would have been the cause for that week long "black out"? I had phone internet, but not for my laptop or computer. Same goes to my friends.

It's not exactly a bad thing, I'm just curious for what answers I will be receiving.
Well, I don't see all different service providers upgrading - but regardless if anything I've seen a downgrade.
An extreme power outage case does seem possible. Didn't think of that, for some reason.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 04:52 PM

Upgrading, maybe you noticed an improvement in ur internet?

Ads

05-11-2014, 05:02 PM

It could be that one of the backbone services like Level 3, which provide the bandwidth that ISPs sell had an outage.
05-11-2014, 05:13 PM

if they upgraded they would of let everyone know that they would of upgraded and would of warned for possible downtimes. Well if you had phone internet and all service providers were down it was most likely a power problem. A year ago there was a house fire and melted all the wires 2 miles from my house. It caused a massive outage in internet and TV for like a 5 mile radius. So this could possibly be the answer