This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I structure my website?
05-11-2014, 08:03 PM
How should I structure my website?
Someone said on a YouTube video that you should structure websites with your keywords going from broad to targeted.

Example:

Front/Home Page

-High competition, broad keywords

Product Pages

- Low competition, targeted keywords.

Using at least 3 keywords per each page.

Do you agree with this information? Instead of having all targeted and low competition keywords on your page, is this is a good idea?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 08:12 PM

That tends to be the natural order of a site with the main topic introduced on the home page and specific sub topics discussed in articles. There are pros who simply don't worry about such organization nuances and just write for their audience, longer tail keywords inherently will appear in any articles on a subject without specifically concentrating on keywords.

I have not hear any other experts focus on that balance of keyword placement, 2 things worth considering, what should your backlink balance be ? ,I believe some suggest no more than 40% going to your home page. With penalties for unnatural link patterns some are now making backlinks so they can be removed if needed, home page links tend to be harder to shed, you can't just chance the url like an inner page.

Ads

05-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Your asking about website designing with SEO efforts . . . ?

It's nice plan and execute it