This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I depressed? Or is it a teen phase?
05-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Am I depressed? Or is it a teen phase?
Im 13. Im in seventh grade. I have never been a super cheerful person and in sixth grade I wanted to die. Now I got over that, but for 2 months, I have felt sad. Even small remarks from friends that I usually laugh off are burning me. I am nearly always sad. Every time I smile, a bad thought pops into my head and I feel sad again. I can't hold a real smile. Nobody understands.

I have stopped eating my sandwich at lunch and have slowly begun to eat less and less. I don't really care about my weight. Im not skinny but I am NOT fat at all.

I have been thinking about cutting. And attempted. But I am to cowardly to actually break skin. I am weak and afraid of pain. But I have tried and the desperation is growing.

Paranoia has been seen from me. I constantly check behind me. And feel scared. I don't watch scary movies but at nighttime if I close my eyes I see bad images. No matter what, my brain messes up what I am thinking.

Also, I hear a voice constantly calling my name. I don't know why. Its always an angry voice.

Is it a phase? I had depression a year ago, wanting to kill myself. But I don't know anymore. Also, don't give me religious stuff, because I am not religious.

I have (in my opinion) a hectic home life. My parents are always yelling and arguing with my sister or me. They get impatient from yelling at her and snap at me. She annoys and likes to torment me. She has anger issues and once even punched a hole in the wall. I never feel safe. And my friends don't really care, but they are all I can manage to befriend but they aren't the most friendly type. They(without knowing it) can be mean but I am unable to make new friends.

I have never had a happy family in my entire life. Never are we all happy at once and never it will happen.

So is this depression? Or a phase? Or what?
My parents wont take me seriously

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 08:51 PM

The same thing was happening to me at your age, but I can tell you hurting yourself is NOT the answer I was thinking the same thing you are about killing myself but like you I couldn&#x27;t handle pain now tht I&#x27;m 18 I look back and so glad I didn&#x27;t hurt myself, trust me it gets better school doesn&#x27;t help the situation but it&#x27;s nessary in life. If your parents love you they will understand what your going though and they will be there to help, how I handle the situation was I left my school and got homeschooled best decision I ever made I got better grades and I felt happier with myself.trust me it gets better you just have to stick it out and talk about to your parents the more you talk about the more better you will feel. Stay Strong

Ads

05-11-2014, 09:02 PM

This doesn't seem like a phase to me. My mental health problems also started in 6th grade. Just because you're young doesn't mean that you can't have problems with your health. You should go talk to someone. Maybe a school counselor? If you ever need any help my twitter is @mortic1an you can DM me anytime <3 I'm willing to help you, love. You're not alone, okay? Stay strong.
05-11-2014, 09:11 PM

You sound like you have depression. But don&#x27;t freak out because tons of people have it. Please get help, this isn&#x27;t something you can handle by yourself and it won&#x27;t just &quot;go away&quot;. I&#x27;m not trying to scare you it&#x27;s just I&#x27;ve had friends with depression... If your parents won&#x27;t take you to a doctor then please go talk to a counselor at school. They can help you. And it&#x27;s important, no matter how stupid it sounds to go to a school counselor. I know you can make it through this. Your family DOES love you no matter what happens. And if you think nobody is there just know I am. If you need to talk to someone, I think we could find some way to do that. Ps I&#x27;m a 14 year old girl not some creeper, check my questions if you don&#x27;t believe me. Remember, if you get help it WILL get better I promise. Good luck! Smile