This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much do I charge to re-write the content on someone's website?
05-11-2014, 09:39 PM
How much do I charge to re-write the content on someone's website?
I am a new freelance writer. Do I charge an hourly rate or per word or page? I need to be realistic as I am new, but the person who has offered me the gig wants a price.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 09:45 PM

This is a SCAM.
Re-writing is 100% scam, scam, scam.

Get a real job, with a real employer, at a real location, for real money.

Ads

05-11-2014, 09:55 PM

For writing/rewriting, the price is calculated per word count. A freelance writer can ask for $5 / 500 words article, but for rewriting the costs are half...I usually pay $2 / 500 words article to be rewritten and $3-$5 for an article.
05-11-2014, 10:03 PM

Get your terms of business and costs worked out before you start touting your services. Nothing looks more amateurish than this sort of dithering. Up to you to decide how to charge - word count is the norm for articles, but web pages don't work out quite like that.

Get the contract signed before you write a word - and if you don't have a contract, draft that now!
05-11-2014, 10:07 PM

I'm only familiar with per article pricing, assuming an article is about 500 words, a basic grade original article cam be bought for around $3, rewriting is generally considered a lower skill than original articles so I would imagine $1.50 to $2 per article might apply, these figures are for articles written primarily to gain search engine ranking. Quality authority sites pay more like $10 - $75 for magazine quality articles by respected authors.

You can review the project cost on sites like odesk.com, freelancer.com that may give you some reference figures.

Here are a couple of example article brokers that pay for better quality original works
constant-content.com, textbroker.com, thecontentauthority.com