This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it a good idea to run more than one website (anonymously)?
05-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Is it a good idea to run more than one website (anonymously)?
I always have this fear that one day something can happen and your website no longer is good. Like for example Google suddenly de-index you through no fault of own, or something happening like this (I read so many stories).

I am just looking for some sort of security in my life, and if you think it's worthwhile doing?

I would never do anything to harm my website, but would sleep better knowing I had a few anonymous ones (not linked to me) that I had running also should something were to happen to a main one.

They do say not to put all your eggs in one basket, so what do the people do who are making a living on one website like I am doing just now, where it's earning the same or just over the same as a normal job.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 11:12 PM

Depends.
If you have more than one site you have more stability, and if one go down you still having the other. But you have more work. If you have only one, you put all your work in one place and the site grows faster.

Remember that if you wanna teach how to cook and wow to buy dogs, for exemple, you have to run two websites bacause food and dogs does not match. Imagine a website that talk about politic, religion, dogs, cars... Focus on related things please.

So, you must have more than one website. But about diferent things.

Ads

05-11-2014, 11:27 PM

You should first ask yourself is your website high quality? Do you publish good content? Is your domain well known?

It's a very wise idea to make sure your site has a varied source of traffic. For example, if 100% of your visitors are coming from Google search, that's great, but worrying as you said in case you're ever de-indexed (although that is unlikely if you follow their guidelines and produce good content). Try and vary your source of traffic from social, forums, other blogs etc. This will not only increase your traffic in the long-term, but it will make your website far more durable and authoritative.

If you have enough time to devote to other websites, by all means you should do it, but if you're working full-time on your main website, it's best to focus on this and make it even more successful.

Drop me a message if you need any more advice on this etc.