This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think this is right ? what is happening in egypt.. the internet ? read and tell me..?
05-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Do you think this is right ? what is happening in egypt.. the internet ? read and tell me..?
if the avg. internet speed at us is 7.4 MB/S, and according to AT&T you can get up to 768Kbps with only $19.95/mo. and you have no download limit, while in egypt you pay that price and you get 100kbps and can only have 20/40/60 gb ? and if you have any problms. with your internet speed (you will) they just tell you : "Oh, its just because of the over load on our server.." or maybe "its because of your landline.." and if you told them i am leaving, they will be like "Alright, come in". do you think this is right ? please answer you might change a lot.. i have 200kbps and can only download 40gb per month and i pay 20$
Sorry for my terrible english.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 04:27 AM

"Right"? Every country is their own sovereign state. Also, there's infrastructural stuff going on, as well as telecom monopolies, and so on. In the country where I'm in, USD 20 / month would be hilariously cheap, and 40 GB would be a fair data cap - yet my yearly salary is somewhere around USD 75 000, and there's also universal health care in the country I'm in. Is this fair?

You can't compare prices in isolation across countries. This is one of the reasons why the Euro is a good - but fundamentally flawed - idea. The US of A is fundamentally different from Egypt, Arab Spring or not, and therefore you cannot compare an average speed and a base package from the US with your actual service.

Besides, 100 Kbps = ~10 KBps, which means that you're downloading about 40 MB / hour, or 1 GB / day, which means that you'll never go over your 40 GB / month cap.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply