This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to drive traffic to my site (thinking out of the box)?
05-12-2014, 08:05 AM
how to drive traffic to my site (thinking out of the box)?
how to drive traffic to my site in new different ways.. thinking out of the box Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 08:07 AM

Don't expect to discover a single trick that brings in lots of traffic, if you want 'free' traffic you probably want to study multiple tutorials you can buy or find online. Searchengineland or seomoz are a couple of sources of perhaps too advanced advice.
Typically you should have a presence on multiple social sites as well as some youtube videos that link to the site.

Ads

05-12-2014, 08:23 AM

The best way to drive traffic to your site is to employee a multi-step approach. The best methods that have worked for me include:
-commenting, without being spammy, on other blogs. This is the quickest way to generate fresh traffic. Although you sometimes only receive a few visitors per post.
-Figure out the posting schedule of a big blog in your niche's topic and try to be the very first person to post a thoughtful comment. Top comments seem to receive a good amount of traffic.
-Guest post, but don't stop at small blogs. Try to post on Yahoo, Huffington Post and other major sites. Just be sure that you can take criticism from people trying to start flame wars.
-Try hanging/passing out flyers in your local area.
-Post on forums.
05-12-2014, 08:35 AM

Update your website with fresh and unique content. Do not overdo SEO, it may lead to spam. Check your website meta details and update it with popular keywords related to your website. Do social media promotions. Doing above all regularly will get your website gradual increase in ranking.
05-12-2014, 08:48 AM

word of mouth, print ads, tv ads, radio ads,
05-12-2014, 08:52 AM

Hi Anna, interesting question. There are a number of ways to drive traffic to your site. The main way that people use is free traffic. If you don't have an account with the following sites, go and get one now. It's easy to register your details and the sites are very heavily used by thousands if not millions of people, ergo (lots of traffic).

I'm speaking about FaceBook, Twitter and YouTube. With FaceBook and Twitter it is important to build relationships with friends or followers by offering them (value) or helpful information, tips and tricks that sort of thing. Don't be tempted to market to people right away or you will scare them off. Offer advice and opinions for around 5-6 weeks before including links to offers. Although you can include the link to your website URL in any posts you make from day 1.

You can use YouTube videos to drive free traffic to your site especially if you know how to optimize your videos i.e; embedding the videos on other websites (your own website or blog) will drive them higher in the search results in YouTube for a given keyword or market niche. Also you can post videos on yahoovideo.com/dailymotion.com/veoh.com and many others.

The search results of the major search engines around today normally include a video in the top 3-4 results for any given keyword, so if you optimize your videos it's entirely possible to rank for keywords that have high competition and drive major traffic to your site.

If you have links from your FaceBook account to your Twitter account, and have links from the YouTube account to the other 2, then any articles or posts you write will have more SEO juice behind them and they will move higher in the search results, providing of course you have all your on-page SEO setup correctly i.e; keywords, tags, meta tags etc.

Many bloggers like to leave comments on various types of forums, but as more comments are added your comment leaves the main page and inevitably becomes archived within time, losing its initial PR value attributed that particular page. So if your leaving comments on blogs then it is something you need to be doing regularly or you might consider paying a forum back link service to do it for you.

Another avenue of traffic is of course paid traffic, this method of driving traffic is it seems an art in itself and is a skill which if developed can pay big dividends. Many people have tried to master this way of driving traffic, and having failed, deny its validity as a reliable source of traffic, but there are a 1000 ways to get it wrong and only 1 way to make it work correctly.

If your interested in paid traffic go to Yahoo search engine and look up a guy called Vick Strizheus at HighTrafficAcademy, he has figured the 1 way to make it work correctly. The downside is initially it's expensive, but you can fund the continuing expenses with the profits you make, until you scale it up and the profits become substantial.

Hope this in depth answer is helpful Smile
05-12-2014, 09:02 AM

Hi Anna

I actually just wrote a blog post about this. Try Omgili which is a useful tool you can use to find conversations in forums for you to post to and drive traffic to your site