This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
transparent proxy windows/ubuntu?
05-12-2014, 01:26 PM
transparent proxy windows/ubuntu?
Hey, I can access internet in my network via a HTTP proxy like 144.16.192.211:8080

most of my devices do not have the necessary configuration to connect to the internet via an proxy.

I have both ubuntu and windows installed in my laptop.
How can I create a proxyless network ?
I also have an wireless modem in which I have Openwrt installed.

Thanks in advance.
@Fred: - I can access internet ONLY via the proxy. That's how my institute gives me internet. Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 01:40 PM

So why are you using a stupid proxy to connect? All you need to do is connect a modem and router to the subscribed Internet connection and any machine will dorectly be able to use it, so you must have an incorrect setup for some part of your connection. And installing this junk additional software on modems and routers can often destroy the capabilities of it and other network hardware.

Ads

05-12-2014, 01:51 PM

Buy a good VPN.

Whatever you do don't fall for the bogus review on the so called best VPN review sites. They are all scams where the best reviewed VPN's are the ones that pay the review site the most money. Even the customer reviews on these sites are phoney.

Also fancy VPN sites with instant gratification and setup are subject to getting hacked, like purevpn did last month. Customer emails and names were stolen and used by the hackers.