This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I use Facebook and kik on a phone with no internet in it?
05-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Can I use Facebook and kik on a phone with no internet in it?
So I just recently got a new phone, the Alcatel one touch fierce. I didn't get internet on it, just unlimited texts and call. I connected my phone to my wifi at home at got kik, Facebook and Facebook messager. Can I use these outside of my house like at school? Or do I need to have wifi? I need to know. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 09:33 PM

No. Outside the Wi-Fi range you cannot use online apps

Ads

05-12-2014, 09:49 PM

NO To use "internet apps" you need the internet, cellular or WiFi , either one is fine. Smartphones are just mundane electronic devices not magical.
05-12-2014, 09:58 PM

I have kik, hangouts, nimbuzz, and facebook, when I try to send messages or make posts ouside of wifi or internet range it delays or doesn't send at all. It's really irritating when you're riding down the highway and you keep going between wifi ranges. You have to have either one or the other for those apps to work.
05-12-2014, 10:02 PM

You would need some form of internet connection. Since you have no data plan it would have to be a wifi connection which is less available than data connections.