This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Playstation 3 wired internet connection error; college campus.?
05-13-2014, 02:41 AM
Playstation 3 wired internet connection error; college campus.?
Hi. I just recently brought my PS3 back to college, and I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet this time; it worked for months the last time I had it here.

I have a simple wired connection, from the ethernet jack straight into the back of the PS3. I changed the settings to wired, using all of the automatic settings, and it did not work. I tried turning the PS3 off and on again several times, to no avail.

Then, it randomly worked once. Today, no such luck.

The error that I recieve is 80028E06. The system finds the IP address, but quickly says there is no internet connection.

Can anyone help me out here?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2014, 02:44 AM

Could be that no internet connection is coming through the jack your connecting to in college, try another area to see if it works.

Might have to go to the admin who manages your connections and tell him the problem, they normally sort it out.

Ads

05-13-2014, 02:55 AM

Yeah this seems like it can be a pretty easy fix. If you plug your computer in and you can get an internet connection then you know its not the jack, but if you can't then there may not be any connection coming through. If you do have a connection on your computer, then it has to be something in the configuration on the network settings on the PS3, in which case you might just want to blow them away and start over.

If there is no connection to your laptop either, I would talk to the IT folks, they may have not turned the ports on completely yet, when it came on for a second they might have been testing, so give them a call and ask them do they have the internet turned on to your room.

Lorenzo Winfrey
Owner and Editor-In-Chief
renzo@zoknowsgaming.com
http://www.zoknowsgaming.com