This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I stop talking to everyone?
05-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Should I stop talking to everyone?
I am feeling really upset right now about my past.. I have been abused, I'm hurt and I for years I've wanted to tell people about it.
Well, I have tried and people avoid talking about it, they try to distract me, they change the subject, or they treat me differently and I just feel like I've been shut down completely by everyone.
It's making me feel even more upset.
I feel like I need a break from everyone, so should I stay off Facebook for a while and try not to talk to them... at least as much as I was before? I am so confused and I just want to feel okay. Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2014, 07:26 AM

Many people talk to a psychiatrist for this reason, because people either don't care, or they care so much it hurts them to hear these things about you. Maybe you should give it a try

Ads

05-13-2014, 07:32 AM

I don&#x27;t think that the people you are taking about don&#x27;t care? Maybe they don&#x27;t know how to handle your situation? Or are afraid they will say the wrong thing? I&#x27;m not too sure, but maybe just avoiding them for a while would be good for you but it could also make it worse. Because if no one contacts you then you may feel as though no one cares. You just have to remember that you are not the only individual. They have lives and problems to. In saying that I hope you get it sorted love xx
05-13-2014, 07:48 AM

I feel like you just need someone to tell everything to. I feel like this all the time
05-13-2014, 07:54 AM

Nikki is right on the mark with her answer, but I counter-suggest that you see a therapist or counselor so you can talk your issues out. A lot of people just don&#x27;t know what to say because they aren&#x27;t trained to deal with such issues-a psychiatrist is good for medication, but not talk therapy, and it sounds like talk therapy is what you need most. Call your Department of Social Services to find sliding fee counselors who will just charge what you can afford. You&#x27;re definitely on the right track to healing-you want to talk about the past trauma rather than just bottle it up inside-you NEED to share your issues with someone who knows how to help you deal with the past and make peace with it.
05-13-2014, 08:00 AM

I highly recommend you see someone like a therapist or a psychologist. You trapped in the depression of your past and need to release what you've had to keep hidden. I understand why your friends have turned away from you with this, this is because they are afraid of something they don't understand. So they find it easier to just pretend that your not reaching out to them.

These people you could see could recommend you to programs for people like us, where you can meet people who've been through similar or the same things. I think it would be perfect for you.

I also have had an abusive past and suffer depression and anxiety from it, along with many other traumas.

If you ever want to talk if it's too scary seeing a therapist, here is my email: tamiki65@gmail.com
05-13-2014, 08:15 AM

Hi there, There are many of us out there my dear, so first know you are not alone.. I would suggest that because this is such a personal thing that instead of talking about it (if you do) on facebook that you contact your doctor who would then set you up with personal counselling that would benefit your personal needs.. There are many people who do not know what to say or do when one first tells them of such horrific experiences so yes they will shy away from this for whatever their personal reason may be..It is a great deal for us to carry this around so we certainly cannot expect others to carry this either..Those who really care about you and love you will of course support you and also recommend you seek personal help..You need not stop talking to everyone for now, accept a close friend or family member and just talk about other things if you can at this time and if not then deal with this issue first and then come back healthier and with a better outlook on life...Many of us have come through the same or similar issues, and we now refer to ourselves as Survivors..We do not allow ourselves to be called victims any longer, nor do we go around acting like one..Once we have healed physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually we can/will see everything in a much more positive light, but remember this takes time, for some even months to recover, but recover we do and so will you if you do what is best for your recovery first. What happened to you is life changing, it has hurt you to the deepest core of you, but remember now you have already come through the worst, and you survivored..Give the perpetrator no more of your thoughts or your time..They don't deserve another minute of any part of you. It is time to move on as a survivor and you can/will begin to do this when you begin to disclose what happened to you with a professional..This is the beginning of your heaing..There are many of us around and there are groups especially for those who have been abused in a various manner..Seek a group out that will benefit your personal needs and this too will help in your recovery I believe..It helped me a great a great deal, but what helped even more was journaling..Do take much care and all the best to you..
05-13-2014, 08:21 AM

I think it sounds like your friends aren't helping you. You should find someone, possibly a professional, who can listen to your problems without judging or feeling uncomfortable. It may help to stay off Facebook and stop talking to them for a short time, but don't withdraw completely from the world.
05-13-2014, 08:25 AM

Your doctor would be the best person so that they can check you out, however if you'd rather not do it face to face then there are online places where you can speak with professionals. Eheadspace is a mental health site http://www.kidshelp.com.au/index.php