This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet providers: I live in a rural area and have been using Windstream for internet access. According to?
05-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Internet providers: I live in a rural area and have been using Windstream for internet access. According to?
my current bill they have raised the price of access by nearly $25 without prewarning. This area has sketchy cell phone service so wireless is not such a good idea. We've tried a dish in the past for tv and that didn't work out well either. We have no cable tv lines. I am looking for a way of getting internet access and dropping Windstream. Any suggestions or insights?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2014, 10:58 AM

I also live in a rural area. The nearest town with an Internet provider is 17 miles away. They built a tower on our land and we were free wireless Internet channels as payment for letting them use our land.

How far away are you from the nearest Internet provider? Is there a wireless Internet service anywhere hear you? Have you explored all options for Internet access?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply