This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help, my phone got wet and isn't working..?
05-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Help, my phone got wet and isn't working..?
Long story short, my phone, a Samsung Galaxy Precedent, got wet today and didn't let me unlock it since it is touch screen. About 2 1/2 hours later, I was able to unlock it, but it wouldn't respond to any of the lower features, like the call button. Plus I can't type to text anyone. I can call if I go through contacts, but I would like to be able to text and use my instagram and facebook apps, which are impossible to use without full use of the screen.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix it and be able to use my entire touch screen?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2014, 12:57 PM

As soon as it got wet, you were to put it in a bowl of white rice.
I think you would need another one.

Ads

05-13-2014, 01:11 PM

hhahaha man that sucks. your screwed. put it in rice.
05-13-2014, 01:13 PM

Yeah, the bowl of rice for 24 hours works. I've done it before. Just do NOT try to turn it on. Let it sit for the full 24 hours. If you've already tried turning it on a few times, it may not work.
05-13-2014, 01:20 PM

Take everything out of it ( SD card, battery, etc) and stick all the pieces in a bunch of silica gel packets (which most people don't have haha) or a bowl of rice (:

If that doesn't work, you're gonna need a new phone . Sorry :\
05-13-2014, 01:28 PM

The best thing to do is just to have it looked at where ever you got it from. Water damage can be seriously deadly to anykind of technology and usually the onlything you can hope for is for it to work when it's dry, i hope you didnt mess with it while it was still wet, even if you think you cleaned it off well, the inside would still have water sitting in it. If you think it could still have water in it, wait and try later. If you discover that is not the problem, you should just have it checked by the store. You might just have to get a new phone.
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM

Take your phone apart and put all the separate pieces in a bag of rice and let it sit in there for 24 hours. That's always worked for me. If that happens to not work your phone is probably too damaged by the water and in most cases you'll have to pay for it to get fixed.
05-13-2014, 01:56 PM

You need to try Silica Gel Packets to dry out your phone. There was a good article on associatedcontent.com that explains how to dry a wet cell phone, iPods, or any electronics. You need to place your phone in a zip lock bag with Silica Gel Packets. Silica Gel will remove all the moisture from the phone and its components, something air drying will not do!

Just Google "Silica Gel Packets" and you will find several companies selling these products. There is also a web site called: http://www.SilicaGelPackets.com that has them.