This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Strategy Games?
05-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Good Strategy Games?
Does anyone know of any good strategy games for PC?

i like war, building, defending. you know, that sort of thing!

Age doesn't matter but the games CANNOT be made by steam, or any other Manufacturer that needs a Bulls*it 24hr internet connection!

Thanks for reading, and look forward to your suggestions Smile
Thanks Adam, But i don't think it's true about the internet connection, my Civilization V wouldn't work unless i was connected...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 11:01 AM

Civ, Total War, AoE & Wargame spring to mind, none of which are made by Valve or other companies that own popular online distribution services (as far as I know). As an avid Steam user I can confirm that Steam doesn't require a 24 hour internet connection but requires an internet connection to purchase and download the game and can then be played in offline mode, all the games I mentioned can be purchased on steam and are often discounted.

Edit- My apologies if I sound rude but I think you're doing something very, very wrong then because my copy of Civ 5 works perfectly well in offline mode.

Ads

05-14-2014, 11:03 AM

The "Total War" series, (Rome , Medieval, Shogun) are as good as it gets.
05-14-2014, 11:12 AM

Personally I L-O-V-E World of Tanks. If you like any strategy games such as Civ 5 or any player/empire building games like that you'll like World of Tanks for your PC. Instead of leveling up a city you level up a kickass tank that you can tank into battle! The battles are really immersive & fun too! Just try it man... if you don't like it then move on but I'm almost sure you will. Use this link to get some free starting money Smile
http://tinyurl.com/mbllh6q