This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I make an old blog post pop up in google by applying better SEO tactics?
05-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Can I make an old blog post pop up in google by applying better SEO tactics?
If I have a 6 month old blog post (wordpress) that I put up before I knew much about SEO ...and I go in and update the title, image filenames, and image alt texts, will google recognize that I did this and pump this info into the search?

I've been using these tactics on my newer posts over the last couple of months and it works right away on new posts, but I attempted it on an old post the other day and it's still not in the search at all, even with the more specific keywords that would be sure to pop it up. Does it take awhile or not do it at all?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 03:07 PM

If you want a specific post to rank better, on-page optimization is one thing but you need to build some links to it as well. Get some links from other sites and it should help.

Ads

05-14-2014, 03:23 PM

I find that google looooves up-to-date content. I update my post about once or twice a month just to keep things rolling.

If youre rankings are down, just do a little optimization. Research your rankings for that post, ei. what keywords are people using to come to that page/post. Make your adjustments. However youll not want to over-optimize, google has recenly done an algo change targeting heavy SEO.

And as always, link-building. Look for high quality PR Do-Follow pages. And leave a relavent comment to the article. Dont make it "Spammy", leave comments that are of value.

Hope this helps!