This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Windows 7 charging icon appears as a square at the top left corner?
05-14-2014, 08:45 PM
My Windows 7 charging icon appears as a square at the top left corner?
I don't know what happened, when I left home today everything was fine, the charging icon appeared as normal, at the center of the screen, with that waterdrop-like animation below it, but after I got home from a birthday party and turned my laptop back on, all the tabs on Google Chrome, the folders and even the Windows Media Player I had left open before putting the laptop to sleep were closed, and when I plugged in the charger it appeared as a simple blue square at the top left corner. I don't get this, and I know it's a stupid question, but how did this happen? I remember that I didn't update my computer before I left, or anything for that matter, so how did this happen??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 09:01 PM

The water droplet animation comes from Asus utilities. When the Asus programs are shut down, then the animations default back to the OS. Sounds like a lot of background programs were indiscriminately closed somehow.

If the animation doesn't return after a computer restart you may wish to try searching for your laptop on the Asus website and downloading the newest utilities.

Ones that come to mind that may affect the animation include anything with ATK or ACHI.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply