This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which camera were these photos taken with?
05-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Which camera were these photos taken with?
Any idea what camera he uses? Or what commands on photoshop could I get a similar effect? Yeah, thanks!
http://instagram.com/mitchmoore

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 10:23 PM

very nice photography, I think he must me using good quality cam, to improve the beauty of those pics he also worked on photoshop. The way that looks I am sure these pics are combination of DSLR and Photoshop both.

Ads

05-14-2014, 10:35 PM

Sorry, I couldn't open the link. But as long as the camera is above very basic level, most cameras can do many fancy things and give good image quality.

Indeed a physically larger sensor (same Mps, but each Mp is better) helps with image quality, thus a DSLR is good. But the most important thing is the skill and imagination of the photographer, and that cannot be bought.
05-14-2014, 10:40 PM

Any modern camera can take those shots. Don't confuse MP with image quality. You can take a crappy picture with 18 megapixels. Re-taking the same shot with 24 megapixels won't make it any better. I'm not a fan of the white balance shift he has on most of the photos. I get it; it's an artistic effect applied intentionally, but I think it softens most of the images too much. You can quite literally take equally good pictures with an iPhone 5, but he may very well be using a high-end dslr or something in between.
05-14-2014, 10:55 PM

Wow that person has really bad editing taste.
05-14-2014, 11:02 PM

The type of camera is irrelevant, unless he did post-processing in the camera.

Secondly, if you had a list of commands in Photoshop, it would be like asking for the ingredient list for a cake and then expecting to be able to bake it. When a photographer post-processes an image, he or she has in mind what the finished product should look like. Then various tools and settings are used to transform the image. There's no fixed formula that would allow somebody else to reproduce the results. From what I can see, he desaturated most of the shots, making them almost black and white. Some had a black vignette added to them. Others were underexposed. Then it comes down to a choice of subject and composition. Sorry that I couldn't give you an easy answer.
05-14-2014, 11:17 PM

Could be any camera; no way of telling just by looking at the photos.
05-14-2014, 11:32 PM

Here is a radical idea - ASK HIM.