This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my friend is considering suicide-What should I do?
05-14-2014, 11:15 PM
my friend is considering suicide-What should I do?
One of my best friends were tweeting about committing suicide last night and i'm DM'ing her on twitter right now. I don't know what I should say to her. I really don't want her to commit suicide. She still says that she is considering doing it. I want to tell her something that will make her not even think about committing suicide again. What should I tell her?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 11:29 PM

tell her parents. or call the police if you're truly worried, they'll put her on suicide watch.

Ads

05-14-2014, 11:42 PM

Tell her parents. She may dislike you for a while, if she is like me. But you'll prob save her life.
05-14-2014, 11:53 PM

Just tell her you will do anything to help her. You need to go to her before she does anything. This is a very serious matter, and you may want to bring someone else in the situation to help her resolve. Just get to her, and help as much as you can.
05-15-2014, 12:07 AM

Call the police right away. She will be angry with you for it, but that's worth more than her dying. Also call her parents. Do this NOW!
05-15-2014, 12:23 AM

I am really sorry you are in this situation. Try telling her how much she means to you. You're best friends right? Tell her you will be by her side to help her, and if it still doesn't help try talking to her parents about this, so they can convince her to see a therapist. I hope I could help. Good luck
05-15-2014, 12:25 AM

Spend some time with her, hang out or find something in town to do, make plans to do something together in the future (next week, next month, etc). Do you know why she's feeling suicidal? If she's telling people about it, it's a cry for help, just be with her as much as you can, she might confide in you what's going on, or perhaps she's feeling very lonely and she'll come out of it just by you spending time with her.
05-15-2014, 12:29 AM

You should tell her that life is fleeting, its not gonna last anyway. Tell her to make a list of things that are worth living for; things that are so simple like food, water, shelter, the sun rising each day, family. etc

That used to help me when i was suicidal. I just tried to clear my mind and go to a peaceful place. I hope i help Smile
05-15-2014, 12:39 AM

Call her parents, pumpkin, call the police, get someone with her to physically sit with her and talk to her, and get her some treatment.

Do this NOW while you're messaging her. She needs someone with her right now.
05-15-2014, 12:49 AM

Tell her that she is loved! Tell her that she is valuable to God, and tell her to understand that God has a plan. Tell her that she can do much good with her life and that she is a alive for a reason. She can help many people. Convey to her that God can work through her.

Speak to her about the fact that pain in life is temporary, and that she needn't give up! Tell her to love God, love other and to love herself! She is not worthless, and perhaps it would be good for her to understand that.