This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the best for my blogging needs?
05-15-2014, 02:23 AM
What's the best for my blogging needs?
I was thinking mostly about either Tumblr or Wordpress but im open and here's my situation:

I want to be able to semi-casually blog short to long blog posts about my life and coming-of-age as I work towards my future. Almost a memoir in the making, Lessons learned, Experiences had, cool things that I've seen type deal.

Between tumblr and Wordpress the two concerns I see are as follow:

Tumblr is very community based and semi-casual which is nice, but generally it seems longer posts which I might be posting is something that people tend to say "should make you think twice about having a tumblr" so to speak.

Wordpress is neat but as far as I can tell it would be a lot of API customization and possible fees and such and all in all it means a ton more work than just being able to freely write. Not that I'm not willing to make use of customization if available but it seems to be at a degree that Wordpress is much too "complicated" for my needs. Ala I could use something more restrictive as far as customizability and I'd be just as happy without having to go through all the trouble I might have to with a Wordpress. It might be impractical based on my needs I guess.

So whatdya think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 02:39 AM

HI Nappy,

I would recommend using WordPress. The truth is that WordPress is not complicated to use at all. It is actually the most user-friendly platform to use. Furthermore, if you use wordpress.com the free blogging platform, there are no fees involved unless you want to take a step further and get your own domain.

You can simply choose the theme you want and write freely without worrying about anything. If you have time and decide to customize it a bit to make your blog looks nicer, you can use the free tools in wordpress to do so. The tools are easy to use and if you have any trouble, there are tons of articles out there on wordpress guide/help.

If you are planning to write long posts, I recommend wordpres over Tumblr. Tumblr has a different market/audience/use.

This is my 2 cents.

Ads

05-15-2014, 02:46 AM

Wordpress all the way. Check out these guys for your themes. They cost $39 and you can download any themes you like. Here is a review http://www.theme-magazine.com/elegant-th...ss-review/
Best of all. They have Tumblr styled themes so you can use Wordpress and make it look like Tumblr.
A quick tip!! After you install the theme download the Elegant builder plugin (its free) and use it to create your content. It makes everything really simple and fast so you can just focus on doing what you do best, creating content.
Wordpress gives you much better ownership of your site and if you host your own, you are pretty much running your own business and you can make the choice to earn money once you have a following. Most of all once you are running wordpress you can add plugins to do anything you like. So much more flexibility, easy to use if you get the right theme. Try these guys because the support is amazing and you can ask noob questions and they give you fast, real solutions. Also they have an awesome database of questions asked. Go wordpress for sure, spend a small amount of money for a professional well supported theme http://www.theme-magazine.com/elegant-th...ss-review/ and run a professional blog you can build into a real business when your ready without having to loose all your backlinks or loosing your existing followers. Plus you can tie in social media in a flash. No brainer, wordpress with a professional theme all the way Smile
05-15-2014, 02:56 AM

Keeping your needs in mind, I think WordPress will be a better choice. WordPress is not complicated, it gives you lots of options to customize your blog. You can customize your blog only as much as you like. If you do not wish to do much except posting then you don't have to go through any complication. You just choose a theme and start doing the posts. There are lots of fun themes are available also.

WordPress has a free option, but it won;t be your individual domain. But it is not bad for the kind of posts you are will to do.
05-15-2014, 03:01 AM

Blogging is one exciting platform wherein we can showcase our skills and talents in the form of blogs. Users prefer WordPress, when you are to showcase your marketing strategy, then mostly wordpress is used.WordPress is based on the PHP and HTML platform, so if you create a post, you will be able to add pictures, graphics, videos, links, audio and many more such things in a HTML format. All the processes are very easy too in this platform.