This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet connection sharing problem?
05-15-2014, 02:33 AM
internet connection sharing problem?
I connected my desktop pc and my laptop through a crossover cable, ut Ip's(192.168.0.1 and .2) to the computers, they see eachother, I see the shared drives at the network neighbourhood, I shared the broadband internet connection so I can access it from my laptop as well but it deosn't seem to work. Here's a print of the connections:
http://img152.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima..._515lo.JPG

So as u can see, the broadband is shared, I clicked "allow other network users to connect through..." and a couple of days ago worked.I remember having the same settings. I was gone for 2 days and only God knows what my sister could have done but when I came home it didn't work. I cleared the settings and typed the numbers and everything and now the comps are connected with eachother but no internet.
PS. Windows firewall is off on both comps and I have no firewall/antivirus on any of them.
Pls help..? thanks in advance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 02:43 AM

I know what 's wrong. Since u don' have any firewall. so the window will choose it microsoft firewall automatically. And the problem is you need to reset the ip to be automatically detect.
My computer > control Panal> internet connections> Local Area Connection> General> This connection uses the following items> choose INternet Protocol>properties>select: obtain an Ip address automatically and obtain DNs server address automatically for both of them.

IT should works.

If you like my answer, pelase pick me as the beast answer. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 02:56 AM

The above previous answer is very right,
if still not works,

go to browser, connection settings,

give the ip address,
and give the gate way...

if still not works, try some proxy..