This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
He won't add me to his FB friends...?
05-15-2014, 06:29 AM
He won't add me to his FB friends...?
We're early 30's. Today marks dating (and knowing each other) 2 months. We're in that area where we're getting through the "getting to know each other" gray area and approaching the bf/gf stage (it seems). Everything seems to be going great. He's introduced me to about seven or eight of his friends on different occasions and has made a great effort to be really open with me----has invited me to both work and social functions. I've not intro'd him to my friends yet----just a scheduling thing.

Today, I joked about adding him as a FB friend. Instead of saying, "yes," he replied that he rarely goes on there; that he hasn't changed his status for over 6 months; that he's heard to keep people you date off of it because it can cause unnecessary drama; etc. So, basically, he said, "no."

I do realize that we've only known each other for 2 months. I also realize that he dumped his last gf (a serious relationship) one month before meeting me and that both she and her sister are his FB friends ---even though they aren't on speaking terms with him.

Should I assume:
A) He's hiding something or doesn't see us turning into anything more
B) He's being honest. But really, if it's not something he bothers with, then why would it be a big deal to add me???
C) He wants to get to know me better and know that he can trust I'm not crazy before he gives me access to his FB page where all his friends are
D) He's avoiding further drama with the ex-gf
E) Other (please explain)

Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 06:44 AM

He may just not get on there that often, but the easiest way to get caught doing anything is through facebook and myspace. Then again, maybe he does rarely use it.

Ads

05-15-2014, 06:48 AM

yes , he's hiding something from u ...

Mayb he's still in contact with his ex..

help me
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...159AAvVDJ5
05-15-2014, 06:50 AM

He's still not over his ex. he's not ready for another relationship yet. give it time.
05-15-2014, 07:04 AM

Yeah that's weird. I myself don't get onto facebook that often and sometimes I forget about it for months, but I would still add the person I'm dating (seriously or otherwise) if he had brought it up in a conversation. Since he says he doesn't get on that often I would think he'd be like me and not really care about it much and add who the heck ever (only people I know though, of course). And then he goes and says that thing about girlfriend drama but his ex is on there.. what?? That's odd. Maybe he does actually see the two of you getting close and he doesn't want you to get mad that his relationship status is still "single" either because he doesn't get on facebook to change it, or he's keeping his options open while he has you... I don't know, it's quite weird. I'd be kind of wary of him... did you add him and he hasn't accepted you? Maybe, if you haven't, add him a little down the road and if he doesn't accept you, jokingly tell him that he better accept you... Then if he doesn't, Straight up ask him why not... cuz if he supposedly doesn't care much about his account then it shouldn't matter. And if he really does care about it... well then I'd say that's enormously fishy that he doesn't want you seeing it. Best of luck.
05-15-2014, 07:14 AM

I would guess D. He probably hasn't told his ex-gf that he's moved on and is dating someone else. He might just be waiting for the right time to tell her and would rather it come from him directly rather than her finding it out on FB.

I'm in a situation like this myself. My recently ex-bf is still on my facebook but I would never want to hurt his feelings by flaunting the fact that I'm now dating someone else. When the time is right I'll tell him.

Sounds like you guys have a great blossoming relationship so I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage. Don't show him that you're upset about it as guys hate that.