This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it bad to cause pain to yourself(to stop anger)?
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Is it bad to cause pain to yourself(to stop anger)?
I know this may sound stupid but every time I swear or I think or do something bad I pinch myself or doing something to hurt me to show my brain any activity like this is bad.
The fact is I am not swearing or doing bad stuff all day to my friends and family and when I am alone browsing the internet or doing other stuff I get all ragious and angry and I start wishing for someone to die inside me :/ For example I walk through the road and I see someone on the road and my brain wishes a car would pass and hit him and I actually imagine the scene of his death.Other times when I am with someone and still want to express anger I swear inside me about him and wish bad things again(this happened even for my older brother that I hate him but he is my brother Tongue ) .Other times on the internet I swear on online games or chats and I don't want to :/ I usually do it on the internet.
Anyway everytime I do "bad" things I pinch myself and I don't just pinch me a little I pinch me as hard as I can take without screaming so no one will realise.
Is it good what I am doing?Should I keep doing it?If not do you know any way to "kill" your anger?Oh and I actually like to getting hurt so maybe this isn't a good way to show my brain I want to stop reacting like that.Is it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 12:53 PM

firstly this is not the section for these kinds of questions
secondly it is bad to cause pain to yourself
try meditation it will help u

Ads

05-15-2014, 01:04 PM

YOur not the only one, its natural to think that way, you dont have to hurt yourself!! Try get counseling? Just please dont hurt yourself... try drawing, or get an elastic band and put it around your wrist and pluck it when you feel like this... listen to music? or read or watch tv.. its okaii to think bad thoughts!! everybodyy does!! But i really think you should see someone maybe tell a family member or a friend Smile Just try not to do it to yourself, its not the only way
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM

You should definitely see a therapist and/or a doctor and they can prescribe medicine
If you don't wanna do that you should consider staying close to some sort of religion
Try listening to music that relaxes you and helps you keep calm and think abut happy things
05-15-2014, 01:09 PM

hi DudeRandomGuy, there is no stupid questions but allow me to say there is a saying nice guys finish last. so let's start by saying that what you are experiencing is impatience. so you think too fast and don't slow your thoughts down and then you are angry with yourself. now lets talk about kindness when someone pulls out in front of you in a car (road rage) stop and think that they used to be a child and you can never be mean to a child. so what you need to do is start showing kindness not only to others but to yourself too. begin to change your way of thinking so when you become upset or impatient find something to preoccupy your mind. remember a comedy something that made you laugh and just laugh. now warning you will be the most misunderstood person on the face of gods green earth but that is okay because after people get to know you they will begin to treat you just a kind back to you. you say it can't be done everywhere you go women will think your a flirt and guy's will think that you are coming on to their woman so let them think what they want you are being kind to those people and they don't know how to except someone who is being nice to them but be nice and quit the foolishness of these bad thoughts it don't pay. let them wallow in their own misunderstandings so if you see someone you haven't seen in sometime smile at them and tell them you were just thinking of them and ask them how their doing. that is men and women after awhile people will want to be around you all the time because you make them feel good. I know you are thinking this won't work but try it stop being mean to yourself and think pleasant thoughts and you will be amazed at how people treat you. the world is so complicated that when your nice to them they find it hard to be bad to you it works I have done it for sixty-one years now and I have people who love me. good luck I hope that everything works out for you because you sound like an interesting person.