This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have $100,000 to buy stocks, HELP !?
05-15-2014, 05:03 PM
I have $100,000 to buy stocks, HELP !?
I have doing the virtual stock market game and I wanted to know what stocks are projected to grow in the near 10 weeks.

I need small stocks that are going to be doing a lot of changing. With only 10 weeks I need to take some major moves, I'm really trying my best to be successful. So I need someone who has a good understanding of stocks and how they work and follow them frequently to tell me information about stock buying. Thanks in advance.

- Michael T.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 05:13 PM

First you don't have $100,000 you have a pretend $100,000. Second, this exercise is I think a terrible one to teach about investing because it focuses on the short term instead of long term investing. You and your pals if you get lucky and hit an up market will all think you're stock trading geniuses like many of the other idiots on Yahoo Investing. Anyway, with that in mind here are some suggestions:

Apple is heating up right now, analysts are saying it could hit $600/share. I would go 20% into AAPL for sure.

Another 40% split between Bank of America and Citi. Those are banks and banks are going to have a good run for the next month or so.

If your game allows you to sit on cash, honestly right now I would do that with the other 40% and wait for a dip in the market. Then buy in and you will automatically have an advantage over others who have lost money. But keep an eye on Tesla stock, which has sunk to 234 off a high of 255. If it goes down to 225, put 20% into that.

Ads

05-15-2014, 05:22 PM

A great place to start to learn about investing or hone your skills is the blog InvestLikeMe.blogspot.com. The author provides market news and articles regarding the technicals of stocks. He also shows you his current active portfolio and updates his trade real time on twitter so you can make the same trades as him.
05-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Good day,

I am located in Bangkok, Thailand.

And i am looking for an investor your available funds can be of much help for me at this moment.

I need $10K usd ( company registration, office equipment, personal expenses).

Is about an exclusive distribution rights for a mobile phone company entering the Thailand market.

We are talking about selling 100,000 to 200,000 mobile phones per month.

Estimated profit is $3usd per mobile phone sold.

I offer a 50-50 deal.

If im able to reach this numbers, company would provide funds for me to launch a marketing campaign in Thailand.

I can provide all company&#x27;s information ( website, mobile phone models, sample contract agreement, etc.)

They have been operating in other countries already since 1996 selling over 1.5 million devices per month.

They have really aggressive prices as low as $40usd for an Android OS phone.

I can offer you $12K back in 6 months if you aren&#x27;t interested in the company.

Let me know.