This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Explorer closing message?
05-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Internet Explorer closing message?
This was driving me crazy for awhile so I decided to do the old tried and true test of disabling add-ons. Turns out the culprit was Yahoo Toolbar. No rhyme or reason because it had been working just fine for months. I even tried upgrading one computer from IE10 (Yahoo enhanced) to IE11 (Yahoo enhanced). Had the same issue where the error message would pop up when I tried to click on various items. In one case it was the search window for an online vendor. Hard to believe that there would be an incompatibility issue since I downloaded Yahoo's version of IE. And the problem was the same on two different computers I have. Just a heads up for others out there.
Well, Brendan, I also have Foxfire and Chrome but there are some old apps that require Active-X controls (my security cameras for one) so IE it is.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 08:48 PM

I had just ask a question about getting a lot of I.E. has stopped working. I tried switching back to IE 10 and even on back but it said I already had latest version & wouldn't change. Gets disgusting at times.

Ads

05-15-2014, 08:59 PM

Simple fix: don't use internet explorer. This isn't the 90's.