This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I set a Dell Mini computer back to factory settings?
05-15-2014, 09:44 PM
How do I set a Dell Mini computer back to factory settings?
I know there are some techno-guys out there, so I need your help! My daughter has a Dell Mini laptop Inspiration 910 and she junked it up real bad. Can anyone tell me how I might restore it back to it's factory settings?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 10:00 PM

One way is to re-install the OS. That will delete, or move everything to one folder named windows.old and the computer will be back to the way it was when you bought it. You may need to also re-install the drivers if you choose a complete format.

All you need to do is download the OS, or Operating System that you need, which is most likely Windows, and run setup from there. This requires more steps that what I'm leaving here so here is a link that will help you re-install windows http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=windows-7

Ads

05-15-2014, 10:16 PM

one way is by going to your settings and it should have a "reset back to factory settings?" type thing. That's what it has on google chrome.