This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questioning christianity..?
05-16-2014, 03:10 AM
Questioning christianity..?
Okay so, I'm a Christian.. I don't like to label myself as Catholic, Protestant etc.. Just Christian. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus. I believe Jesus is our saviour. However, i've often thought, what if Jesus was just a phsyco who decided to create the idea of 'God', and managed to convince everyone else of this illusion. What if he was just a really good-hearted, brave man? Opinions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 03:14 AM

TRUE CHRISTIANS KNOW JESUS IS GOD AND THEY HAVE BEEN SAVED...MILLIONS KNOW THIS FOR SURE...PRAY FOR GUIDANCE AND RESIST THOSE DEMONIC WRONG THOUGHTS..
upperroom.com

Ads

05-16-2014, 03:22 AM

If he was just a 'man', his body would have been found on earth.
05-16-2014, 03:27 AM

you are at a cross roads
you will have to decide
05-16-2014, 03:37 AM

what if Jesus never existed and Saul/Paul just made him up. that is more logical than anything else
05-16-2014, 03:41 AM

If you do the unbiased research you will discover that Jesus never existed.
05-16-2014, 03:56 AM

you don't sound like a christian because a christian believes and does not reason the questions your asking
05-16-2014, 04:03 AM

Matt 14:31
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
KJV
UNBELIEF

UNBELIEF

Lack of belief or faith in God and His provision. While unbelief does not hinder God's faithfulness (Rom 3:3), it does affect the individual's capacity to receive the benefits of that faithfulness. The unbelief of many Israelites, for example, kept them from seeing the Promised Land (Heb 3:19). The unbelief of the Nazarenes prevented them from witnessing Christ's miracles (Matt 13:58). The skeptic is limited in what he might see or know, while "all things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23).
Remember what you allow yourself to think, see, hear, say and do literally set into motion Almighty God’s creative powers that form the matrix of life’s reality you find yourself now walking whether good or bad; so knowing this practice each day focusing your whole attention on your movements whether thoughts, sight, sounds, words or deeds, doing that which is good, positive and constructive.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory or His Son Jesus by refusing to worship them than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
The Daniel Project was playing on Netflix and can be found on Facebook; this documentary will open the eyes of some skeptics concerning the Word of God, prophecies fulfilled and Jesus the Christ of Nazareth, the Messiah.
If you do not know Jesus the Christ of Nazareth, the Messiah, as your personal savior, yet believe He is Lord, was born of the Virgin Mary, died for your sins, arose from the dead the third day and is now at the right hand of Almighty God, then if so lead say this simple prayer to be saved and have eternal life in the Kingdom of God and not be Judged for sins truly repented.
“Hear Oh Israel the Lord our God is one Lord and blessed is the Glory of the Lord from His place; Precious Jesus the Christ of Nazareth please forgive me my sins and come into my heart and life forever Amen.”
If you are sincere in this prayer then know for certain that you are saved and if you need help on your Christian walk email me back.

TGM Moderator
tgmpray@yahoogroups.com
http://counselfreelight.homestead.com/Roberts.html
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/jcwalker3usa/info
05-16-2014, 04:20 AM

People have believed in god since forever. According to your bible, Jesus was sent here to REMIND people that he was real, not to create the idea of him. Unfortunately though, Jesus never existed so it's more about and idea than facts. Believe whatever you want about Jesus
05-16-2014, 04:33 AM

But you do not know anything about Jesus - other than what people wrote about 100 years later.

Half of which was declared heretical and burnt. And the other half was edited to be more consistent and to give the message the editors wanted.

What if Jesus is just a myth - a composite character made up from religious firebrands and political leaders, idolized at a time where groups in Judea were revolting against the Roman occupation.

You might as well discuss who Hercules was.