This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have had my disability discriminated against on Facebook, what should I do?
10-16-2012, 01:09 AM
I have had my disability discriminated against on Facebook, what should I do?
I was on a football banter page and some people get really nasty, I turned one of the admins inside out, using intellect and he was furious, banned me then inboxed me to threaten me. He is known for this and his friends run the page as they all support the same team. One of them put a post announcing I have Asperger Syndrome (which I do) and put an article of mine up laughing at my disability, it was the page owner. I had spoken to him previously and told him my point of view and that the admin was going to use my Aspergers to mock me. He seemed concerned and nice and asked me for more information, then he posted it on Facebook. The insult that is, he downloaded the article from the internet. We have had a bit of angry emailing about it, and I have been insulting too, but nowhere in their league. Should I forget it and put it down to experience or should I report it, if I report it, then who do I report it too (live in the UK). A lot of pedophile and racist comments are posted and if anyone complains the whole page turns and gangs up on that person. Other than blocking that page and staying away, do you think I should/ or can take more action. Thanks guys!
p.s. Facebook have recieved complaints from many people and the worst that can happen is they are temporarily blocked but they don't intervene.
Your a real nice guy 'do you feel lucky', if you don't have any constructive advice why be like that. So your saying I deserve to be bullied if I am stupid enough to use the internet.
I have the screenshots of them directly referencing me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 01:17 AM

You report it to facebook, by the post/s in question there is a drop down menu where it says report/mark as spam is where you go to report the post

Ads

Hallo ,you can report it to the authorities/police but it will all be for you to prove that the statements were directed to you,however its good to block that page.

REPORT THEM !!! that is disgusting - sometimes people digust me at how innapropriate they can be 1

print screen the conversations/ them posting, etc etc time date and all that, save up your evidence, inform facebook that you wish the group to be banned / members blocked and that the police have been informed

you can get the police involved in on this, and hell if facebook at listening you might evan have a case on your hands in terms of duty of care etc aswell as bad press you may be able to take facebook to court for emotional damages, but perhaps an imaginative lawyer would be needed, but then again its been a while since i studied law