This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tennessee passes bill allowing the bullying of LGBT and atheist students in the name of 'religious freedom'?
05-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Tennessee passes bill allowing the bullying of LGBT and atheist students in the name of 'religious freedom'?
Pretty disgusting, no?

Source: http://www.thegailygrind.com/2014/03/25/...Q.facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 05:32 AM

I know. "Christian love" is an oxymoron. Christians think they're entitled to bully and harass anyone they hate. If they're asked to stop mistreating others they start screaming about persecution.

Ads

05-16-2014, 05:46 AM

What a bunch of liberal propaganda. If what you implied is true you would have posted a link to the actual bill instead of a liberally biased news article.

This bill does nothing of the sort. It doesn't do anything that any LGBTQ advocate hasn't demanded himself. They only want a voice. This bill only says that people will not be punished for exercising their constitutionally protected religious expression.

"The LEA shall treat a student’s voluntary expression of a religious viewpoint, if any, on an otherwise permissible subject in the same manner the LEA treats a student’s voluntary expression of a secular or other viewpoint on an otherwise permissible subject and may not discriminate against the student based on a religious viewpoint expressed by the student on an otherwise permissible subject."

Aren't you liberals for freedom of expression?

Freaking read the bill for yourself.
05-16-2014, 05:51 AM

Glad I don't live in bagasswardsville anymore
05-16-2014, 05:54 AM

Sometimes it embarrasses the shít out of me to say I'm an American.
05-16-2014, 06:00 AM

"Bullying" must mean something different in Tennessee -- here in Maryland, it doesn't rise to the level of being bullied for someone to just be an annoying prick about their religion.
05-16-2014, 06:04 AM

Interesting...

Just read the bill and I think it is a ridiculous load of BS and as it does not specify the religion, it is a time bomb for Christians. I can just see it now, a bunch of Jedi worshipers demanding that everyone in a Christian study group do Jedi worship. Or could it be a group of Taliban demanding that their views be accepted as fact.

Oh Boy am I glad I am not American.