This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ebay auction question?
05-16-2014, 08:53 AM
ebay auction question?
I am selling an iphone 4s in excellent condition, which is the better option to list my auction, 3 days or 10 days? And when is the best time to list it? Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2014, 08:59 AM

No

Ads

05-16-2014, 09:15 AM

whichever but end the listing on a Sunday afternoon
05-16-2014, 09:18 AM

Sunday afternoon / evening is the best time to end an auction. With iPhones there are so many of them being bought or sold that it really doesn't make a difference. You will make the same much on a one day listing, s you will for a 7 day.
05-16-2014, 09:26 AM

It does not matter what day or time you list since you will have buyers from other time zones.

As to how long to list, it depends if you list as an auction item or Buy It Now.
05-16-2014, 09:33 AM

Phones do much better as Buy It Now - when a buyer sees it, they want it NOW and do not want to wait for an auction to end.

For this reason, the ending day is not as crucial. I have been seeing peaks in sales on Friday afternoon / evening and again on Monday. Over the weekend seems to be pretty even for BIN (unlike auctions).

If this were mine, I would post it on Friday afternoon around 6:00 PM EST and run it for 3 days. If your price is fair, it will sell within 24 hours.

Some tips are to price around the typical selling price of your item in the condition of your item. Don't look back too far - look at what people are paying within the month or even past couple of weeks on a high volume item like yours.

Take top notch pictures, and I'd do free shipping (compare with other sales that were free shipping). People seem to think free shipping is free, so what the heck... give the buyer what they want. Do post in your terms that a signature is required (never mind the value - always do that with a cell phone).

Good luck!
05-16-2014, 09:35 AM

I usually list an auction 7 days. If you list 10 days ebay charges you a extra fee only like $0.45 or something. Most ppl buy on ebay on Sundays 2nd busy day Mondays. Friday is the worst least ppl buy then for some reason.
05-16-2014, 09:40 AM

Hi friend i would suggest you to sell your phone on below site. it is very wonderful and give excellent results.